Saturday, September 08, 2007

How I spent the Sydney Holiday...

Quite thankful for the holiday today. I've been extra attentive to my phone in case someone from the CNUM team or Yas calls me. I didn't really sleep well. Prolly because I had thoughts of work. Deng. Not good.

Anyway, happy for the very filling lunch. I asked Melissa to make chicken ala king (which was chicken in creamy sauce with carrots and potatoes). I then hung in front of the telly to watch "Glory Road", this movie about the first all-African American NCAA basketball team. It was pretty good. Anyway, I had to haul a** to the bathroom to take a bath to do a couple of errands. Accomplishment for the day... Settling my American Express bill. Now I'm left to ponder over by Citibank bill. Hey! I also had a pedicure, which I've been meaning to get since last July. Mwahaha. The toes are looking hideous.

I met with Irene a little before 6pm and we had early dinner at Max's. Then we went to her favorite store, CD R King. I think we walked around Park Square, Glorietta, and Greenbelt for about 3 hours. But we did manage to accomplish a couple of things. We got the UK adapters she was looking for. We got the bag hangers from the Japan Home store for 88 bucks each. Nice!



We ended our day with a cup of Xocolat Latte (in Katipunan). I also had the big brownie (which i did not finish, as expected). I was close to having a headache when we were in Makati, and the cup 'o joe did the trick.

Irene was her hilarious self. Cracking me up with her formal hirits ("... but have you heard of it though?") and her booboos ("Happy treef, Rip!", which should have been 'Happy trip, Rief' ). We also did a run down of the restos in Katipunan we frequented as college students, our crushies back then, and the cast of Ang TV. Mwehehe. We did forget to discuss "Pride and Prejudice." Arief will be arriving in Manila this Saturday and we are taking him out tomorrow! Should be fun!

Random Thoughts today...

My skin's gotten pretty dry. Most noteworthy is my face. I dunno if it's because of the overexposure to airconditioning (at home, inside the car, in the office), or dehydration. Must be both. My face feels "mahapdi". I dunno if I just haven't found the moisturizer which works best with my skin. I've been looking for my small half empty bottle of Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizer, but I haven't seen it. Bad trip. Looks like I need to make a bee-line for Rustan's to get a new bottle. Argh. I should start drinking more water during the day.

Irene shares she took to heart what I told her last week, "You are where you're supposed to be." This occurred to me last year (most likely while i was driving and thinking my happy and not-so-happy thoughts) and I shared my sentiments with Irene. Nice thought actually. It calmed me down when I was anxiously asking so many questions about certain situations.

How do you do two things passionately at the same time? Argh. I've been struggling with my review sessions. Too tired from work.

Anyone interested in a Canon Ixus iZoom? 5MP. One year old. Pristine condition. Let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home