Friday, September 07, 2007

Ma Boys

I love listening to great music which may not necessarily be mainstream. Lately, my favorites include these two great all-male bands.

PHOENIX The band formed in 1991[1] in the semi-affluent Parisian suburb of Versailles, in the same culture that produced late-90s bands such as Air and Daft Punk; Laurent Brancowitz was actually part of Darlin' with Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, who eventually became Daft Punk. The name of the band wasn't chosen until 1997.[1] Phoenix started as the backing band for a remix of Air's "Kelly Watch the Stars" single. Soon after, Phoenix released their 2000 debut album United.

My favorite Phoenix tracks... "If I Ever Feel Better", "Funky Squaredance", "Summer Days", "On Fire", "Honeymoon", "North", "Lost and Found", "Long Distance Call", "Consolation Prizes", "If It's not with you", "Congratulations", "Victim of the Crime", "Run Run Run", "Everything is Everything", and "Love For Granted"

They're pretty awesome. I didn't expect to like ALL their albums. "It's Never Been Like That", their third and latest album has been on my car's CD player for a few weeks now. The entire album is quite good. On my wish list... to see these guys in concert.


BLOC PARTY Bloc Party are a British indie rock band. In February 2005, the band released their critically acclaimed debut album Silent Alarm, which the magazine NME later made their Album of the Year. Bloc Party's second studio album, A Weekend in the City was released on February 5, 2007 in the UK and February 6 in the US. Kele Okereke (Vocals/Guitar) Russell Lissack (Guitar) Gordon Moakes (Bass/Backing Vocals) Matt Tong (Drums/ Backing Vocals)

MY favorite Bloc Party Tracks... "This Modern Love", "Helicopter", "Banquet", "So Here We Are", "Blue Light", "Uniform", "I Still Remember"

These guys remind me of Franz Ferdinand and The Killers a lot.

Let me know if you're a fan of either group. I'm looking for fellow groupies!

1 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

download ko to mamaya para may kausap ka naman bout them..ahihihi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home