Friday, October 05, 2007

Must Haves

Karina and I realized we needed to bring back our once-a-week meeting. We've been delinquent these past few weeks because of work, balikbayans, and other stuff. Although I was on my way home from work (and ready to hit the books), I took a detour to Makati. Kar and I had dinner at Alexa's Deli, one of our favorite places in Salcedo Village. Small place. Bottles of wine and a other deli stuff on display. Hehe. Although I had the option to get the cheese platter (I've been craving for some wine and cheese lately), I opted for the Chicken Pork Adobo. Hehe. I've been quite fond of adobo these past few days. Sarap eh. Classic (just like Karina's 2 MP Canon digicam and her iPod mini).



Okie. So realizations on Must Haves today...

** Weekly meeting with Karina. Just to unload. Just to share. Just to laugh. Sarap lang. Hehe. In all our conversations, we end up talking about our crushies from ten years back and missing Maan. Awww.... Karina reminded me of how much I cried (Drama Queen that I am) when Maan left for the US. I was sharing with Karina how difficult it is to be left behind (as highlighted by Keysi's departure), and she was smugly telling me, "Now you know how I feel! Di ko ma kailangan i-explain sa akin yan." Hehe.

** Must have friends with different views and takes on life and situations. It's good to have different perspectives. Karina and Irene, as classic examples. I truly value both their opinions and thoughts. Makes you think about things you may not have considered on your own.

** Must have not such a dramatic view of things and situations. I think I was simply too expectant last year (and a good half of this year). Looking back at my old blog entries and my January 2007 iPod playlist, I was just praning and to serious. i think I have a lighter attitude now. And I think that's working better for my sanity. Hehe.

** Must have commitment. Haha. Okie. Now this is a work in progress. How does one commit when there are so many options available? Can I commit to covering all my bases instead? Haha. I can hear Irene saying perhaps it's time to move parking lots. Wait lang, Bau.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home