Monday, December 31, 2007

Last Day of 2007 & 2 Cups of Cafe Americano

Wow. Blog patrol! Blog patrol! Hanapin ang masipag magblog....

I just got home from the JB's last gimik of the year. I had this inspired thought to dress up for tonight. I recently purchased this black dress which I wanted to wear. I don't really know when the next formal event will be and wearing a dress for a casual night out seems normal nowadays. Karina and I SMSd back and forth, and she settled for a skirt and a nice top. Hehe.

We met Macky, Erik, Bibay and X-Tina (Erik's friend from Dot Dot Dot) at Greenbelt 5. My first time in this newly constructed Ayala property! I've been hearing about it, and I've seen it from afar a couple of times. It's a real swanky place! And it promises a big Zara outlet. Haha. We later went to People's Palace (X-Tina went home na and Irving joined us) for one round of drinks. My dress still wasn't satisfied with the mileage it was getting thus far, so we capped the evening with coffee and some midnight snacks at the Manila Peninsula lobby. Looks pretty normal! Like a mutiny never happened. My favorite hirit of the evening (coming in close second is Macky's impersonation of Susan Calo-Medina for Travel Time):

Bibay: ...Eh si Irving kasi mahilig mag-Dota.
Macky: Ano yung Dota?
Erik: This RPG game na boys like to play.
Macky: Ahh... Tayo kasi mahilig lang sa nota.

Ampucha. We laughed our asses off. While talking, we watched the peeps of the Pen prepare for their New Year party. Lotsa balloons in metallic colors. We left Manila Pen a little close to 4 a.m.

What an evening! I had two cups of cafe Americano and a slice of the Pen Club Sandwich (which was pretty good). I'm thinking of the stuff I need to do tomorrow (er, later pala). Go to SM or ATC for 'em picture frames, go to Cooks Exchange for some candied walnuts, go to any BDO branch to pay for my credit card bill. Maybe tidy up my room a little.

Deng. I started cleaning out my closet this afternoon. And let me tell you. It wasn't as easy as I thought. After laying all the blouses on the bed, I kinda lost the tidying up drive. I did manage to put the blouses back in though (grouped by colors) and weed out all the others to be given away. It's difficult to tidy up when the act of tidying up isn't done regularly. I have a lot of junk in my room! I think we're a family of pack rats, so we barely throw anything out. Ugh.

Suzie sent me an email with this message:

hey sweetie! here's something you might like. when i read it, i just knew it was for you.

"There's a kind of holiness to love, requited or not, and those people who don't receive it with gratitude are arrogant beyond saving." - from the book Love Walked In


Haha! Thanks sweetie! I too hope I find the courage.

Year end highlights coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home