Monday, February 11, 2008

This week...

I predict that this will be one of 'em crazy weeks.

Work-wise, this PM/OM project has set a hard date of Feb 27 as our end of System Test (ST). We actually made the call for the date and we're all pushing to complete all our ST by then. My super hard working Test Lead is putting in so much overtime that I'm thinking of creative and tangible ways to compensate and recognize him for all his efforts. I feel somewhat guilty leaving the office before the guys do. So today, I'm staying in a couple more extra hours (as I have a ton of other things I need to do which I just didn't do today!) to show support.

Friday was such a crazy work day. I think my face somehow showed I was tense. We had lunch pretty late and I was just trying to milk my ST Lead for a new target date, given the dev team's defect density rate. Okie. Enough work crap. I might be giving too much info anyway!

So Veeday is in the horizon. Hehe. I thought I could survive the week without mentioning it (Guess not). Just like last year, I am neither sad nor happy. Just steady. Maybe it's because of all the things lined up this week.

I am officially the "Babaeng Fully Booked". Hahaha! I have a couple of meet and greets and a big family reunion this week. Maybe all the work stuff and my social calendar will avert my eyes from the upcoming sap-fest.

Was talking to Lea today, about sometimes wanting a big change. I've had my moments of laziness these past few weeks (spliced with moments of utter busy-ness). I couldn't help but experience a slightly inexplicable feeling of sadness. And as I was walking to meet up with Pesem for dinner today, I realized that I had no right to be sad. I had plan A and B, both viable. I just shouldn't fall into that trap where I let the universe take its course.

There is a feeling I miss though, which I had a glimpse of today: of discovering new connections. Feeling excited, tingly feeling in your cheeks. Maybe it's the pre-Valentine bug talking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home