Monday, February 18, 2008

The weekend that was

Another busy weekend just ended.

Friday was double booking day yet again. Bebet, my cousin, wanted to take a stroll down memory lane and savor the great pasta dishes of Cosa Nostra. It's this quaint restuarant in Malate. The lovely Ate Gret always wanted me to visit, and I'm pretty psyched I can now scratch this out of my "Restos to try" list.

The same waiter from several years back, Bebet confirms, still works at Cosa Nostra. Hehe. He's a nice chap. I think he's also the only waiter!




Bebet ordered the Seafood Marinara, which surprisingly did not have tomatoes. Great choice! I sampled his dish and it was tasty!



I ordered sausage in garlic sauce. It was ok. I think I should have followed Ate Gret's advice and ordered the Pomodoro (tama ba Ate?).



Our conversations ranged from dramatic to mundane. But mostly they were just plain honest. Hehe.

Bebet took me back to Glorietta 4 where I met up with Cel, JP, and Yas to see Endo (which I blogged about previously). Pesem stood us up, claiming he was drunk. Too drunk out of his wits to haul a** to G4?! Indyanero!

Saturday wasn't the greatest day of the weekend. I got up late and had to rush to the office without any breakfast. Incidentally, the crimson wave just came crashing down, in time for my conversation with Mark M (our Sydney counterpart). Lunch came late, and I was just twisting in pain. I ran into Barre in the ladies room and she gave me paracetamol to complement my mefanamic acid pain killer. So what did Schmenten learn that afternoon?? Never. Ever. Take mefanamic acid with an empty stomach. I tried eating two minutes after taking Ponstan and less than five minutes later, I threw up. God bless the trashcan beside my desk. Anyway, long story short, I couldn't drive myself home. Mike was nice enough to drive me home. I think he felt sorry for me because I was as pale as an albino in hibernation. When I got home, I had lunch, took a nap, and recovered! Thanks to my recovery, I was able to join the family for dinner with our uncles from Davao. Dampa food galore. Tsalap. After dinner, we passed by Serendra to take Uncle Mahong to see the latest gimikan. He sampled a freshly made Krispy Kreme donut! His wide-eyed appreciation was the cherry on top of our food tripping evening.

Sunday was more food trippin'. Issang, who was trying very hard to be on a diet, slept over. Translation = Ate Schmenten eagerly cajoling Issang to sample her latest yummy discoveries. For lunch, we had Choriburger from Bun on the Run. For merienda, the ham and cheese pandesal rounds at Figaro. Issang and I went to Powerplant Mall to watch Juno! My favorite movie for 2008 thus far. Uncle Tiloy, Mark, and Issang went to QC to meet up with Pam, Mark's beau. So I went to Casa Maria... for spaghetti deeeelight! Haha! Ate Love and I spent more than an hour just talking! Sarap lang. :)

So that's my weekend in a nutshell (or a couple paragraphs).

1 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger gwenny14 said...

why am i not surprised that Barre has something available to help you? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home