Sunday, July 06, 2008

[Joy in the Little Things] July 6, 2008

A very Casa Marias day today. I spent the night at Camille and Ina's house, looking after the girls while their mommy was away. Most of my little things today are because of my Agana girls.

** I was SMS-ing Ate Love today about Camille's condition. Our little girl was on the road to recovery (evidence: her appetite during lunch, empty Doritos bag, and empty gatorade bottle.). Ate Love SMS-ed me back this sweet message, "Alam mo pag kinasal ka at I need to say something about you, naku. Dami ko na niisip."

** Singing Mr. Brightside with Ina and Camille on our way back to Agana from mass. The girls were telling me that they bought the "Hot Fuss" CD and they listen to it every morning, on their way to school. It's just hella cool that these thirteen/fourteen year olds appreciate great music. I've been gushing about The Killers and it's just amazing that they like em too!

** Making cheesecake. Finally, we were able to make cheesecake yesterday. And I was eating some of the leftover cheesecake. Sinful yet extremely satisfying.

** While waiting for our cheesecake to settle and solidify, the girls and I saw "Beauty and the Beast". Apart from "The Lion King", this must be one of my ultimate favorite Disney movies of all time. I was in sixth grade when this first came out and I continue to love it today. I was singing along to the opening song, "Little town, it's a quiet village... Everyday, like the one before." And I still have most of the lines memorized. Anyway, it's just fun. To rediscover things you used to love, and realize how much you still love 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home