Sunday, July 27, 2008

Meeting Jason Magbanua & Nelson's 40th

Saturday was quite a busy day for me! First was an inspection of the house renovation progress and a talk with the contractor. Some of the things we talked about didn't come out of the plans drawn out. Straightened those out and went to Megamall after to meet with Irene, Charles, and Armie. We went to the Wedding Congress in one of the Megatrade Halls. I got a free pass courtesy of Tita Beth, who decided not to come at the last minute. I took her place and put on the "Elizabeth Bausas" name tag.

We went around the Wedding Congress, checking out a few suppliers. The main highlight of the Congress though was attending the "Extraordinary Wedding Videos" talk by Jason Magbanua. Irene and I are fans. We sometimes spend hours just checking out wedding videos on the net (when she was in London), and we enjoy watching Jason's videos. It was a thrill to meet him and to listen to him talk about the videographer's tools, style, etc. I wish when my big day comes, I can still afford to get him.



My favorite part of the talk though was the end, when I went up to him and told him I'm a big fan of his work. He said, "Thank you, Elizabeth." Hahaha. I then proceeded to explain to him sheepishly that my name really isn't "Elizabeth".

Bausi and I went around Megamall after the Jason talk, and I wanted to get coffee. We passed by Triple V and saw the merienda buffet. We just looked at each other and said, "Game?" Lamon time.



After Megamall, I went to Balay ni Juan for Nelson's surprise 40th birthday. France and Diana were both there, but Nelson was nowhere to be seen. He and wife Amy arrived about 20 minutes later. It was obvious from the genuine look of surprise on Nelson's face that Amy pulled it off.








Ceasar and Angelo followed an hour later. Nelson reminded us that it was exactly two years ago when we got our Aussie visas and met each other for the first time. Deng. The 31st of July marks the Focus anniversary! It's been 24 months! Somehow, it kinda feels longer. I can't help but feel nostalgic when Nelson brought it up.

Anyway, it was just nice to see such a sweet couple, Nelson and Amy. They've been married for a couple of years now and they seem like newly weds. Nelson's a real toughie, but I think he turns into mush with the wifey.

I do miss the Nelson-Angelo banter. Classic.

1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger Jason Magbanua said...

Thanks for attending the talk. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home