Friday, July 18, 2008

Wedding Preps

Wedding day tomorrow! I'm trying to recall if this is my 20th or 25th wedding ever... Might be more. I kinda lost count. I've been preparing all week and I found out a couple of useful things.

Doing the wedding documents in batches - You can never take the IT Analyst out of the wedding planner. I'm a huge fan of documents. Documentation gives me a sense of order and coverage. Makes me more confident about the completeness of the things we need to prepare for. Anyway, there have been some weddings when I've had to do all the wedding docs in one day (hence resulting to long evenings, and wedding days without a good night's sleep). For this wedding, I started working on the docs late last week and progressed through them until yesterday.

** The Cost of Printing - For every wedding, I find myself buying and using an entire cartridge of ink. The printing process is tedious. My laptop isn't really best-ies with our HP Printer. For this wedding, I tried outsourcing the printing and doing mostly photocopying. And voila. The total cost is around P300-P350 (1 page of Black and White printing is P5, and 1 photocopy is P1.50). One printer cartridge costs about P1,200. That's a whole lot of savings. It does mean though that I have to finish all my documents beforehand, and set the print area in advance (which isn't half so bad).

** Creative, alternative solutions - I blogged about this yesterday! Instead of walkies, use sun cellular SIMs! Free calls. Limitations though: handsets, signal, and cellphone battery life. But this alternative solution is good enough to serve the purpose of communication. P59 bucks for each SIM which has free unlimited talk and text for 2 days. Sure beats P4,000 for a new pair of walkies. My huge thanks also to France for lending me her spare phone!

** The rewards of finishing early - My only remaining task for today (night before the wedding), is to prepare everything at home, which should take an hour tops. I don't have anything planned for tonight, and I'm considering just going home, finishing up on the preps, and just sleeping.

I'm neither stressed nor tense. Which worries me. Hehe. Anyway. Let's just see what will happen tomorrow. There have been times when I think we're super prepared and then something unplanned happens. Every wedding is different from the next, and I'm looking forward to the new stories my P.A.s and I will be sharing after the event. Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home