Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The World of Running

I've never been the sporty type. My close friends know this about me. The only sport I've ever really liked and participated actively in was badminton. But most of my badminton playmates got tired of the sport, and I can't even find my badmin rackets anymore. And then came running.

I have to thank Angelo for getting us interested in this sport. It's a simple sport. For now, I'm mostly just competitive with myself. I want to improve my running time.

Anyway, with my new found interest in running, I discover that so many other people are into it as well. Ate Love and Jojo are marathon fans. There are also so many runners in the Philippines, I just came to realize! And the dad of my best friend from grade school, Monique, who I've known for more than 20 years now, is actually Rudy Biscocho, race organizer extraordinaire! Haha.

I'm just embracing this new world of running. Hehe. And it's good! I'm thinking of getting another pair of running shoes, as my Asics might retire early.

I'm also looking at a couple of websites and Angelo showed me this really nice website, www.thebullrunner.com. This site contains a page where runners share a few things about themselves. I like this entry (first one actually):


(1) When did you start running? December 2006
(2) Where do you run? Treadmill at home and Ayala Alabang
(3) How often do you run? 4x a week
(4) Do you run alone or with others? Preference? I do both. I enjoy running with friends, but I also look forward to running alone as MY time to think, relax (really!), and refuel.
(5) What is your favorite running accessory? I have two. Nike+ and New Balance Shoes.
(6) What is the best benefit of running for you? Freedom from the scale! My focus shifted towards getting fit and strong rather than losing those last few pounds on the scale.
(7) What is your running goal? To be a lifelong runner…oh, and the New York Marathon.
(8) Why do you run? Because I LOVE LOVE LOVE it…and also to maintain my weight. If I don’t run, I will die. I’m not kidding


Another runne also said that he runs because..."it makes me feel good! i never thought i could do this so it’s a reminder that anything is possible if you put your mind and heart into it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home