Saturday, August 02, 2008

Project Runway & Chori Lloydi


For the past two evenings, I've been getting my fill of Project Runway. I read from Arnie's blog that the wonderful Project Runway fans have posted season 5 episodes on You Tube. So I clicked to check it out. Then I ended up watching the 2 of 5 clip. Then the 3 of 5 clip. Then the 4 of 5 clip. Then the 5 of 5 clip. Haha. And then I saw from the related videos that episode 2 was available as well. Curses! I ended up sleeping at 2AM! They aired episode 3 in the US this week, so I'm guessing I'll be seeing that very soon.

Surprisingly, while I was channel surfing a few hours ago, I stumbled upon the first five minutes of Project Runway Philippines! Apparently, this pilot episode aired a few days ago. I ended up watching the entire episode, pleased with how well they've adapted the show locally! I'm reading from the forums that this one is far better than Philippine's Next Top Model. Their shots of Manila, the editing, and the location of most of shots (SOFA and Amorsolo Mansions?) are actually pretty good. Teresa Herrera, the host, is trying her best to emulate Heidi. I laughed outloud though that in the end, instead of hearing " Auf Wiedersehen", I heard the host say, "Ingat" (which is "Take Care" in Tagalog). Hehe. We got a couple of talented designers! Makes me proud.


So how, you may ask, did Schmenten spend her Friday evening? Two words. Choriburger. Lloydi. Haha. After dropping Luz off at Sucat, I contemplated on how I'd like to spend my Friday night. Dinner and a massage, I said to myself. So I went to Bun on the Run and ordered a Choriburger and a rootbeer. It was a good meal. While I was pulling away from BOTR, I realized that I was too full to get a massage. A "Now That I Have You" viewing sounded nice. When I got home, I changed, popped the VCD on the player and spent the next two hours laughing and being kilig again. Haha. Watching these local romantic comedies is certainly my guilty pleasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home