Monday, August 18, 2008

Reunited with Keyce!

FINALLY. I found out at around 12 NN Sunday, that my very good friend (sparring partner) Keysi is here in Manila! Haha! She was very good at keeping her actual arrival date a secret. And when I was chatting with her last Friday, she was actually in Manila already! Haha. Anyway, I was just screaming and jumping when I finally recognized her voice over the phone Sunday noon. I set to have dinner with her later that day.

After Elise's 1st birthday party, along with the freelance photographer we hired to cover the event, I drove back to Makati. Dropped off PJ in Market! Market! and drove excitedly to Somerset Millenium. Keyce's press release was that she gained weight. When I saw her walking towards the car, I quickly told her she looks exactly the same.

Ahhh... I think that might be the theme of the evening. Exactly the same. It seemed she was never away! Keyce shared that she had been gone about 300++ days. I can't believe it was that long, because sitting with her in the car and excitedly talking about whatever, just fast forwarded the 300 days to the present. To some extent though, I'm in disbelief at how I was able to survive a year without Keyce!

I took her to GB5, and the balikbayan took pictures on her spanking brand new iPhone. Haha. She said we have nicer malls here in Manila. We started to think about where to eat. We ended up having dinner at People's Palace, our ultimate favorite place to eat.





After dinner, we had coffee at Seattle's Best (we passed up on Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf because of this rowdy group of people who didn't understand the concept of queueing and manners). It was just sooo nice to relax, unload, and share. I can't help but feel sad in advance, thinking three weeks ahead when she returns to the U.S. Waaaaah.

Happy thoughts for now! Haha! More dinners, coffee breaks, and inuman sessions to come Keyce! We've got a list of restos we need to try out! One year worth of lamon backlog to fulfill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home