Friday, August 15, 2008

Things a changin'

A few several entries ago, I made a bold prediction that something big was coming. I didn't know exactly what it was, but I had a feeling it will change a lot of things. The realization of my prediction is slowly making its way in. Today, it had its a foot in the door. It is exciting because of the novelty. At the same time, it is scary because it will prove to be very challenging. I wonder though, if this is what I've always wanted. I don't think I'll have the answer to that question just yet. Maybe in a few weeks, or maybe in the next few months.

I also had another realization as of late. I realized how taxing and close to exhausting it is to share so much of yourself. I had exposed myself and become vulnerable. I wasn't forced into it. I had willingly given a lot of myself. And when certain things didn't work out, I was frustrated and angry. Right now, I'm just tired. I ask if I brought this unto myself. I know I still have it in me go through it all over again someday. Perhaps when the time is right.

For these changing times, stress and overthinking can consume a person. But then it's just comforting to know how some things remain the same. Like today. I've been in and out of meetings, adding items on my ridiculously lengthening to-do list, working (and not finishing) some tasks... On the drive home, I was thinking about how I can do things better. Delegation, organization, and priorization. So many things were bothering me. Then I went to Casa Marias for Camille's 13th birthday. It was just what I needed! It took my mind off things for about an hour and a half, and I felt sooooo much lighter when I left. Camille refused to blow her beeday cake without me around (sniff, sniff), which put a huge smile on my face.

Oh well. What's life without the new exciting flavors? Let's just see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home