Monday, September 08, 2008

Dogs, Goodbyes, Weddings, 'Nam

My random thoughts for the week...

** I attended Jan and Tom's wedding last Sunday. My natural instinct, of course, was to look for the onsite video (which I missed because I went to the bathroom) on the Imacron site. And viola! There they were! Check it out. http://videos.imacron.com/. Look for Tom and Jan's Photo Montage (Which they aptly called, "The AmaSing Race") and Tom and Jan's Onsite video. I have to agree with Mike Pangs' observation about the jumpiness of the coverage. Irregardless, the videos are worth watching. Jan was radiant!

** Dog Eat Dog World - With all the s***load of stuff that came along with my new job role, I'm beginning to think if THIS is all worth it. The climb to the top is tough. I've learned that you can never be mediocre if you want to move up. Always need to be on your toes. Up for the challenge. Looking for ways to improve the status quo. Need to be ahead of everyone else in your peer group. Ugh. I think I'm up for it. I ask myself though if I'm willing to pay the price. The price of sacrificing the promotion of my personal life. Pooh. I think if I do give in and heed the call, the years will pass me by, and regret will be waiting for me at the end of line.

** I said goodbye to the my precious MN balikbayan early Sunday morning. We had a good run last week, meeting our friends, visiting our favorite restos, and trying new ones. Now i'm back to my sans-Keyce routine. Where I ogle at must-try restos and wistfully search for fellow-foodies who can carry a fun conversation. Waaahhh... I will miss you Keyce! Please hurry home!

** Finally booked our hotel (Libery 4, District 1) and our Tours (Ho Chi Minh City Tour & Cu Chi Tunnel). Thanks to the Plan Your Own Travel website . I found this site in TripAdvisor. It should be dependable. I booked the city tours via Viator . I'm sure there will be cheaper tours in Saigon, but we can't afford not booking anything in advanced (ergo via the net) because of our tight schedule. I'm pretty excited! I've never been to Vietnam and from what I've read so far, it sounds like a food tripper's paradise! Hehe. We'll see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home