Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Lakwatsa Number Dos: Basilio with Keyce and the Soriagas

This week is Keyce's last week in Manila. So we made plans to have dinner tonight. The Soriagas met up with us at Basilio's restaurant at the Fort. I've been reading and hearing about it these past few weeks, so I was curious about the resto (hence the suggestion to have dinner there).

Keyce took a cab to Basilio's, but she wasn't sure how to get there. So she asked the cab driver to drop her off at the corner of Jollibee, which was two blocks away from the resto. She carried a heavy duffel bag and was laughing when I met up with her.

Here's what we ordered:

Beege had the shrimp and sausage gumbo.


Keyce had callos. Notice the small plate beside her entree. Yes. Dalawang siling labuyo. Classic Keyce.


I had the salad with buffalo chicken strips (no picture though because I wolfed it down rather quickly). That salad was good! It had blue cheese dressing, which goes well with almost anything anyway. For my entree, I had the garlic pepper steak, which was quite good!


After dinner, Keyce had a cup of coffee. Illy!


The rest of the evening, we just chatted and chatted. This was the first time I talked to Shierwin, Beege's hubby, at length, and I couldn't help but smile at how compatible they are! Haha. I guess their pairing is a classic example of complementing personalities. I was sharing with Keyce after dinner how I can't imagine Beege with anyone else. Hehe.




Coincidentally, the Soriagas kept their wedding album stashed inside their car! So Shierwin brought it out and we poured over the pages. The Abnoys looked so pretty in their formal wear! Beege reminisced about Keysi's disastrous first MoH gown, which looked like a jersey. Haha. I've never seen a gown comparable to a sports apparel.



Beegee and Shierwin are fellow movie buffs! My favorite anecdote for the evening though was Shierwin's telling of how his wife cries over "Wish Ko Lang" episodes. So sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home