Saturday, November 22, 2008

Working, Laptops, Christmas

It's been a while, but it happened today. I spent 14 hours total in the office. I was in meetings for most part of the day, and I had to play catch up with emails in the evening. This got me thinking if this is the life of other peeps in same level. Meetings and the amount of emails (I have two email accounts I'm maintaining!) can't seem to fit nicely in the 8am-5pm timeframe I'm in the office. Which is probably why most managers bring their laptops to meetings. To catch up with emails, among other things.

Speaking of laptops! I finally got my Manager's laptop today. Well, they finished configuring it today and it has officially become usable. I shouldn't be surprised actually that having one will make me more efficient. So far, the highlight of my working day is being able to archive my old old old emails! I get easily frustrated with the prompting of the System Administrator that my Inbox is full. Ugh. Anyway, I hope my laptop will help me manage my tasks better.

Macmacmac, worry not. I have made a promise to myself that unless absolutely necessary, i will not use my office laptop at home. It ain't as pretty. You know Schmenten. It's all about the pretty.

Anyway, which brings me to another topic... Routines! I think it's worthy to change routines every once in a while. There is some comfort in the familiar and expected. However, changing routines will highlight what's truly important and will uncover a few things you don't necessarily know.

Christmas is around the corner, and I can't help but feel fuzzy inside. It's almost unexplainable, really. I feel fuzzy the sight of Christmas lights, when I listen to "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", when I think about the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping... I just wish this Christmas will be a nice ending to this very nice year. The icing on top of the cherry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home