Thursday, December 04, 2008

Crispy Crablets for a Crappy Day

Today was one of those crappy days at work. First there was my busted car alarm. When I arrived in Cybergate, the unlock button on my car alarm got stuck. This of course sent my car to go on lock-unlock-lock-unlock mode and then a very long waaang waaang waaang. It was embarrassing and irritating. Luckily, one of the handy guys at the 7th floor opened the busted alarm and took the battery out.

Then my favorite part of the day came. One email. Bam. Another email. Slam. I constantly tell myself not to get pissed off or let it get the best of me. It's hard not to take certain things personally. I'm still learning the finer points of management. There are situations I guess where you have to detach yourself and be more objective about certain things. I need more practice.

Anyway, the low tone of my voice, the slit eyes, the pursued lips, and the general lack of fun things to say clearly indicated I wasn't in a good mood. Lunch made me feel a tad better. Crispy crablets for a crabby girl.

The afternoon went by quickly. Mostly sending out emails. Fire fighting here and there. My talk with a teammate into the evening made me feel better. I really want to make the situation better, but our conversation reminded me that there are things which I can do, and others which are beyond my control.

I'm just glad the day is over. Happy for the convo with Keyce! Who is back in Manila! Hola Vida! My brief break from work, lunch at Chicken Inasal. And finally dinner with Ceasar, where he proved me wrong. He couldn't finish a whole chicken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home