Tuesday, December 02, 2008

[Movie Shmovie] Twilight

I'm just a girl. Who couldn't resist the charms of Edward Cullen. So last Saturday, my Twilight sparring partner and I, Issang, went to Greenbelt to drool over Edward. Err, I mean, to watch Twilight. I liked the book. It was a level up from the usual Love Stories/Sweet Dreams pocket books I used to read when I was younger. What Edward and Bella had was intense. And 3/4 of the book kept the reader enthralled with the passion.

The movie... well. I think it had the bigger responsibility of explaining the kind if vampires the Cullens were and the family history. They also had to build up on the three other vampires. So what used to be a huge chunk of flirtation, seduction, and passion, fell short. Some of the lines Edward and Bella uttered during the movie felt like they were reading it off the script. But. But. But. The "kilig" scenes were plenty enough to keep the girls swooning after the movie. Like the slow, "Don't move" kissing scene in Bella's room, or Edward cornering Bella in the forest, and the prom, slow dancing scene... Swoon. Where can I get 'em vegeterian vampires?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home