Friday, November 05, 2004

Grenade-ish Morning

A day in the life of a Philippine-based employee...

Arrived at the office at 730 AM today (practically ran out of the house because I got up late, credits to Late Night with Conan O'Brien for that).
Just as I was happily expressing my breakfast pangs to my Breakfast Club-mates, Mercy Lim, accompanied by our floor's security guard, rushed in, asking us to leave the building immediately and return when all is well... "Well from what?" we all wondered. Well from this friggin' grenade-launching-but-not-exploding threat in the office! Two floors down! Mwahahaha!

Funny how these incidents seem to routinely happen, and well, after a few hours, will be non-eventful. Hope we don't make it to CNN this time around. Puh-leeze!

Whoa... barely 13 hours away, I'll be turning 25! Jeepers... I can't believe how quickly the years have passed me by. It's like, "Gee, I'm 22...", "Oh yeah, one more year. I'm now 23", "Hmmm...24, I think." And then boom! I'm 25!! No major milestones, which will explain why the years have hazily passed me by. I'm not all that excited about my birthday, really. It's not the growing-old thing. More of, I've nothing special planned. November 6's almost wide open in my calendar. 'Cept for the evening where we have our monthly prayer meeting. Might visit SM for some Christmas decor shopping. I've been given the green light to decorate the house and spread some holiday cheer! I'm pretty psyched! Gotta work within that friggin' budget though. Anyway... I'm babbling here... Time to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home