Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Just had my weekly fill of HBO Original Programming. My favorite New Yorkers, the Sex and the City girls. Tonight's episode is one of my favorites. Carrie's question this Tuesday evening was, "When will searching for the one.... be done?" Again, that eternal question about "the one" which completes you - the perfect job, the perfect family, the perfect man... Been thinking about "the one man." I saw Before Sunset last Saturday. It was such a sweet movie. And a sad one. I was saddened by the absence of "the one man" in my life. The entire movie was just links and links of conversation between these two characters who were just in the moment with each other. I've never shared that with any one. Yet. But the thought of finally finding "the one", and talking endlessly about mundane life events and the universe... Wow. It just blows my mind. I'm turning twenty five in four days. And the quarter of the century past, not meeting "him" yet, isn't scary at all. I still have a huge dallop of faith in the universe. In the words of Paulo Coehlo, it will conspire to bring my heart's desire to reality. Call it hope, call it optimism. I dunno. I think it's the way the universe works I guess.
By the way, I especially liked it when Miranda was so baffled why despite having the perfect guy, she couldn't bring herself to say the three little words. She shared with Carrie, "I always thought when the one comes along, the words'll just come rolling out my mouth." She even thought there was something wrong with her, maybe she wasn't capable of saying the three little words. Maybe she was never going to be happy. But then, during Brady's party, she found herself in the laundry room with Steve, and the words just came out! I particularly liked what Steve said, "C'mon Miranda. You've always been the one." Awww.... I guess what's I'm trying to say is, it's pretty awesome when you've found "the one." But it's even more awesome when you're "the one" to him, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home