Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Post 25th Celeb

Got an empty GJ Rootbeer Chiller beside my laptop... and I'm beat! I've been testing the whole morning, trooped to Ortigas to pay for our Singapore tickets, and tested some more in the afternoon. After a pleasant Bread Talk break, I am ready to call it a day! Looks like tomorrow will be less stressful. I HOPE!

*sigh* I'm officially 25 years and 3 days old. My birthday, in a nutshell, was... your average birthday. I was frantically trying to reply to all the texters and callers who greeted me (God bless all of your thoughtful souls!), midnight of my beeday and early the next morning. I took a nap in the afternoon (and what a wonderful nap it was!), heard mass in the evening, and "partied" the night away with relatives. Qualified "Partying" activities that evening consisted of stuffing our faces with Tito Hermie's delightful meatballs, talking to Ate Mylene about my job angsts, talking to Tito Mar about his trip to Korea (and how painstakingly expensive everything was), singing raw-Christmas songs (not even a month away, hence "raw"!), and chugging down Artic Melon with ICE. I was touched at how the Tondo chapter of my family gave me a Red Ribbon Black Forest cake and how some of my cousins gave me presents. It was actually more of a birthday weekend! Celebrations extended till Sunday, when I received a phone call from my New-York-based relatives. The family went out for lunch, and saw a movie during the evening.

Weekend highlights:
  • Phone call from my super great and now-OC-girl Maan! Always a pleasure talking gibberish and life-matters to her.
  • Saturday evening phone call from Karina, saddened by the fact that we couldn't see each other that day (blasted HSBC heaps of work!)
  • SUGI lunch. My oh my.... I'm close to making the Homer-salivating sound. Delish!! This resto has climbed to the Top 3 Restos in my book.
  • Sunday drive home with the family... conversations flowing nicely. :) The usually friendly and funny exchanges.
  • "Happy Birthday" sing-song greeting from my kids, Yssa, Ina, and Camille. Warms my heart just thinking about it.

All in all... it was actually an above average beeday. :) Makes me smile remembering these highlights. It's pretty different than how I've been celebrating it over the years. Different, and kind of laid-back. Haha. Could this be indicative of what lies ahead?? We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home