Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Stuffed with a capital "S"

I am soooo stuffed! Mrs. Tamayo and Anton, Mama's clients and good friends, treated us out to dinner. It was this quaint resto along Pasong Tamo Extension. The owner of the resto, Anton shares (authentic Espangol born and raised here), is the same owner of Terry's Deli. He's one of the few guys who has a pHD in Culinary Arts! Wow! I didn't even know that had pHDs for that! Anyway, dinner was fun. We had this appetizer platter of different cold cuts and cheeses. I ordered this chicken dish, which was huge! To top it off, we had churros con chocolate. And I must say... that was the best hot chocolate I've ever had. YUMMY! Mrs. Tamayo couldn't let us go home without goodies. We ordered churros con chocolate for Tonton and she even asked Anton to get me this chocolate bar (a whopping 375 bukols!). European, so I'm quite hopeful it'll be heavenly.

Random thoughts for the day...

**Career compass pointing... I don't exactly know where. Haha! We had a Deployment Kit and Training Plan wrap up activity for our JSEs. The May 22 batch. I had such a good time discussing the Kit, giving out tips, conducting the Slambook "guess who?" activity, and seeing them sign on each others' backs (dedics on a clean sheet of paper pinned to their backs of course). I think they all had a good time. And I just felt real good about it! Maybe it's the similar high I get after every successful wedding, when most if not all the guests are in high spirits. It just thrills me to see other people motivated, better informed and pleased with themselves. Appreciation I guess is a bonus (but sometimes, it ain't. Haha!). So I dunno where my career compass is pointing towards. I do like managing people. Coaching, training, and teaching. Project Management. That's the stuff.

**I like talking to people... and relating to them. I felt I had a pretty productive day today, although I barely stayed put in front of the computer to complete some of my other pending work. Again... this very much relates to career compass random thought.

**No "Cars" asof yet today. So movie choices this week, not too impressive.

**Baguio trip this weekend is shaping up. We are going to Manaog before going up to the City of Pines. My first time there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home