Wednesday, February 21, 2007

[American Idol Season 6] Top 12 Guys Perform



The top 12 American Idol male contenders performed today. I missed the final selection show last week, but most of the boys who were selected are familiar faces. My favorite so far... Blake Lewis! Beatbox dude He seems super charming and well, song selection was spot on. I like Keane, and i'm still contemplating if i should purchase their CD. Anyway, Blake sang "Somewhere Only We Know", also used in "The Lake House" soundtrack. I went to www.americanidol.com and found he's a 25 year old dude from Seattle. His favorite male and female pop artists: Robbin Thicke, Jamaroqui, Maroon 5, Jason Mraz, U2, Gnarls Barkley, Half Past Forever, Michael Jackson, Prince, Sting, Eric Benet, Martin Sexton, Duncan Sheik, M-Pact, Bjork, Fiona Apple, Imogen Heap, Estmerd, Jill Scott, Tori Amos, Ella Fitzgerald, Sad. I love him already!

Then there's Chris Richardson who kinda resembles Justin Timberlake. He's cute. Ok. So there's no use denying that I (and Bibay) have a thing for these semi-kal guys. Perfect example: Derek Ramsey... Droool... Ok... Must. Stay. Focused. On. American. Idol.

Anyway, I'm with Simon about the guys tonight NOT being the best set of male vocalists. Last season was awesome, I think. They had a pretty good bunch. I do hope AJ Tabaldo stays on a little longer. He's half Filipino. Chris Sligh was kakaaliw. He's the guy who wants to make David Hasslehoff cry (what Taylor Hicks did during the finale). He's funny! Love a guy with a sense of humor.

The girls are performing tomorrow. I haven't seen majority of them perform. A couple of unknowns...

Oh well! Anyway, it was nice watching American Idol over dinner and dessert. I wolfed down one Pininig Crunch ice cream and felt guilty afterwards. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home