Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Veeday

Pesem is tired of hearing me say that I am neither cynical nor ecstatic this Veeday. Remains to be true. Even after the 14th has passed.

The day started with a hit-na-hit Fried Rice feast we had in our project. Nelson was able to convince me (with very little persuasion) to make fried rice for the peeps in our project. Props to Ate Henny and Melissa for concocting this yummy breakfast. I was about to go for my second serving, but unfortunately, the Pyrex was empty. Hit!

Had quite a few work related stuff to address. A lot of the MTS stuff. Now in PDF format, it looks like a professional magazine. Haha! Nice. It was a challenge to reword a couple of phrases and sentences. I was kinda glad I was editor part-time. It made me think about my dream of being a journalist before. I like writing. Editing is ok. It’s hard to edit a piece of work, while keeping to the author’s style and tone.

In the evening, I let the Valentine traffic pass before leaving the office. I then met up with Keysi and Rni. Traversed traffic-free EDSA, traffic-free Ayala, and finally traffic-free Makati Avenue. I was pleasantly surprised that the Greenbelt 3 parking building had a handful of free parking spaces. We had dinner at Fish and Co.





It was sort of a spur-of-the-moment. I had a small cynical moment though. There were two pillars of pink balloons in Fish and Co. It wasn't exactly tacky, but it was very Valentine's day. Haha. There were several couples on dates, girls who passed by proudly holding their bouquet of flowers, and quite a handful of groups of friends drinking the night away.

The following day, my family together with Lola and Tita Marison had dinner at Abe in Serendra. Abe's this new resto which serves Kapampangan food.



We enjoyed the Sinigang sa Bayabas, Lamb Adobo, and the Krispy Tadyang. I was disappointed that they didn't have the Kamaro (crickets). Our guess is that the Valentine crowd the day before prolly wiped them clean.




Oh yeah. Check out Tonton who seems like the happy boyfriend.



What a coincidence! We bumped into Auntie Kingkay, Uncle Mahong's wife. She flew in from Davao a few days before. She told us she was granted a US Visa! Congrats, Auntie!




We still had a bottle of Asti left over from Christmas. Perfect time for drinking! So I brought the bottle to the office (kept in the Fridge), and then brought it to Abe. They only charged us P300 for corkage, which ain't so bad. Here's Rommel and me, toasting to two of our favorite letters. Haha!



Overall, Veeday was pretty ok. Spent it with friends and family. Most memorable veeday remains to be the veeday of 9 years ago in Room 502. Twas when Maan and Jeff officially became a couple, when Joana tried her best to watch Dirty Dancing, when Irene pretended to be asleep, when I said "Not beside the La Germania", and when Jose Cuervo ruled Xavierville Royale. Haha! I think I might've written about this, but I don't recall where exactly.

Valentines past... There was that one time when Irene and I went to National Bookstore Katipunan and laughed our freshie asses off at the Tagalog greeting cards. We met up with Sam and Pancho at Angelino's for dinner. I recall having the Gnocchi Carbonara. Yum. Another veeday was when the JB barkada saw "The Hunks" in concert. Haha. My first car ever, Mama's green Toyota Corolla, broke down (just across that hotel near La Salle) and we were so praning about this other driver who was trying to help us. Veedays for the past two years I believe I spent with family. There was that one time when we had dinner at Prince of Jaipur, and that other time we ate at Zen (and Tonton was totally late).

My thoughts about the season? I think it kinda has that effect on people. Those in relationships tend to be sweeter, I guess? Some feel obliged to do something extra special. Those not in relationships... I think you either feel cynical or indifferent. Cynical are those who have been hurt before or have tried their luck with love but didn't get favorable results. Indifferent are those who perceive the 14th of be an ordinary day or those who have other things preoccupying their mind (like work or some non-love related problem).

I'm just glad the 14th is over. It puts the mind and the heart in hyperdrive. Just like Christmas, it would do good to surround yourself with people who you know love you no matter what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home