Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Dinner with Allan... Ahluvet!

My fabulous fabulous friend Allan and I met up last night at M Cafe to hang, chill, and exchange a year's worth of stories. Haha! So note to self... see more of old friends to keep the stories current and fresh!



The ambience was rather nice!



We were just laughing and laughing from the moment we saw each other. Allan just came from a small shopping spree at Glorietta where he bought really cool Celtics rubbershoes (He's on the basketball team! As the infamous Larry Bird! Haha!).




We both had two glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon, which pretty much fueled the animated conversations and were accountable for my slightly pink cheeks. There was a 23-year old marketing person who approached us to chit chat about beer, fashion, and perceptions. Oh yes. Why are we into fashion? We simply answered, "Uh... because it's pretty?" Haha!

Allan worships Gretchen Barreto. Pramis kahit naka-Penshoppe sya?!

I drove Allan home to Las Pinas. We passed by the interesting lights show Mike mentioned last week. From afar, the area seemed like a village of lights. Up close, the details of the structures were more beautiful. I also discovered that night how much faster it is to go to Las Pinas if you pass through Coastal. If you're passing through during odd hours, that is.

Random thoughts from last night and today...


Allan asked me an interesting question what would make me more certain of my plans for next year. Hehe. I think I just smiled. I don't know... or maybe I do. Hehe. Talking to someone about it makes things a little clearer.

Holidays and special occasions magnify how we feel by a hundredfold. Which explains why there's a certain sadness about Christmas, birthdays, Veeday... I guess it's because typically, special occasions are celebrated and spent with people who are special to you. Not to say that family and friends do not suffice. I think I've told my friends this a million times. My theory is that you're ok with being single... until you find someone who will make you think twice. Or when you're still hung up on someone and your heart simply aches when you think about them or what you've shared. Or when all your friends seem to be happily committed and it's a challenge to grasp the "why" you aren't in the same boat when you're as fabulous as them.

Okeh... My post-veeday thoughts are aplenty!

I can't believe next week it'll be March. Two months into 2007. Wow. No huge changes or life altering events. Although it's very true that such events happen when you least expect it.

I think I heard this phrase somewhere... "Live without expectations." Be surprised. Wait... I remember now. I think I read it in "By the River Piedra..." Paulo Coehlo is genius.

"You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen."


I recall reading a line which went something like, the best moments of our lives are not written by us. So very very true. We simply realize as an after thought how wonderful that moment was.

4 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't like polo kwelyo =P

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Tenten said...

Why should I read the porpus dreeven layf? ;)

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Allan Antonio said...

It was such an awesome evening! Parang di tayo naghiwalay even it has been over a year since I last saw you. Can't wait for the next night out!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Tenten said...

Huy! Next week ang next dinner! Nagtatanong ni Suzie kung when! Si Jozie di pa sumasagot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home