Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Love Songs of My Life...

Love Songs of My Life...

(I'm on a roll! Third blog of the day. It's still lunch break anyway!)

Since Veeday is tomorrow and God knows how much I love music, here's a list of memorable (love) songs for me...

Glory of Love by Peter Cetera
"I am the man who will fight for your honor."

Ahh... Karate Kid II. I think I was super infatuated with Ralph Macchio. I was in second grade, I think, I had butterflies in my stomach.

Every Breath You Take - by The Police
"Every Break you take, every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'll be watching you."

Talk about an obsession. Sixth grade. Tall, lanky neighbor who played hoops just outside our house. First major crush of my teen years. First time I discovered the magic of Sting and The Police's music. I remember Kuya Beng putting the Synchronicity album on the record player. And I also remember all the stupid stuff I did to be noticed by thie Reggie Miller look-alike. Ewww... Glad that's over.

Weak by SWV
"I can't figure out just what to do, when the cause and cure is you."

Second year high school. Our Grammar teacher was the newest flavor of the faculty. He was smart, kinda mayabang, and an Atenean. I think I studied extra hard! Haha! I think every Scholastican can relate this song to him.

Afterall by Cher and Peter Cetera
"Well here we are again. I guess it must be fate."

Theme from Robert Downey Jr. classic, "Chances Are". And I think aptly, the theme to my senior year in high school infatuation. I had christened him Theodore and made it known to my entire Features staff. Haha. Again, there I was, in love with the idea of being with someone you've known for a really long time, and then rediscovering each other again. In retrospect, I didn't know him very well either.

Sad to Belong by England Dan and John Ford Coley
"That it's sad to belong to someone else when the right one comes along"

Yaaaak... I just remembered this song. And how I wish I could forget it. Stupid is as stupid does. Blinded freshie, daks was me.

Breakdown by Mariah Carey
"Well, I guess I'm trying to be nonchalant about it, and I'm going to extremes
to prove I'm fine without you, but in reality I'm slowly losing my mind
underneath the disguise of a smile. Gradually, I'm dying inside. Friends ask me
how I feel, and I lie convincingly, 'cause I don't want to reveal the fact that
I'm suffering, so I wear my disguise 'til I go home at night, and turn down all
the lights, and then I break down and cry."


Third year college. Toughest year (in my college personal life). A what if that turned into a could have been. One of the many episodes of Schmenten's life where she is mayor of the friends zone. Haha. You breakdown, but then you get up and keep on moving. Life lessons about letting go and being happy for the one you care for.

Every Now And Then by Earth Wind and Fire
"Morning's the hardest time, I wake up dreaming 'bout you and I... Evenings are painful still."
"Every now and then, I find myself wondering about you baby
It seems now and again, I can't escape the thought of all that might have been.
Every now and then."


Still third year college. There was some inner peace, knowing that he was happy. It was difficult at times to see them together. And it took a while before I got close to anyone again. There were times of course when you look back at all the wonderful things and just wonder.

The Space Between by the Dave Matthews Band
"You cannot quit me so quickly. There's no hope in you for me. No corner you can squeeze me. But I got all the time for you, love."

Haha. A small flirtation. What I got out of that experience? The beginning of my liking for alternative music. And the wisdom to steer clear of extremely friendly boys with girlfriends.

Out of Reach by Gabrielle
"Out of reach, so far
I never had your heart
Out of reach, couldn't see
We were never meant to be
Catch myself from despair
I could drown if I stay here
Keeping busy every day
I know I will be OK"


Talk about delusion. Or my imagine gone haywire. It's funny how you sometimes think there could be something, when there really isn't anything. In retrospect, it was probably the idea of him. I didn't really know him very well. From "Bridget Jones' Diary". A memorable movie for the books.

Oo by Up Dharma Down
"Malas mo, ikaw ang natipuhan ko."

Love, love this song! We saw them perform at Saguijo and Irene was perplexed if they were singing in Tagalog or some foreign language. Di mo lang alam... Haha. Knowledge is power. Life lessons about what's being said when nothing is said or done.The song's pretty sad.

Warning Sign by Coldplay
"I've gotta tell you in my loudest tones,
That I started looking for a warning sign.
When the truth is,
I miss you."


...I miss you sooo bad. Haha! I haven't missed anyone or anything that way in a really long time. It feels nice. Sometimes a little heartaching. Hehe.

I'll be Okay by Amanda Marshall
"Fate has a way of changing; just when you don't want it to
Throw away the chains; Let love find a way
Till love comes again, I'll be OK!"


Oh yeah. No other way but up. I should have my pHD! Haha! Sadness passes. It does! Jozie was amazed at how hopeful I am. I guess I still have faith in the universe. Time and time again, it reveals why something didn't work out. And what's next is always better.

Love Song for No One by John Mayer
"Searching all my days just to find you
I'm not sure who I'm looking for
I'll know it
When I see you"


Brighter than Sunshine by Aqualung
"I never saw it happening
I'd given up and given in
I just couldn't take the hurt again
What a feeling
I didn't have the strength to fight
suddenly you seemed so right
Me and you
What a feeling"


It would be nice to end this entry on a positive note. I love both songs. Maybe these are songs I'll be singing someday.

Happy Veeday!

2 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger gwenny14 said...

Happy Valentine's Day Tenten! I love you list! :) You need to make a valentine's day playlist with these songs.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Tenten said...

Hi Gwen!! :) Happy Veeday to you too! I visit your blog rin all the time. I will leave a message later. Actually, naisipan ko lang gawin tong list na to. And edit ako nang edit ng blog kasi may mga songs akong naaalala. Haha! Hope you have a good one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home