Monday, February 05, 2007

Friends and old friends

Last Friday's wedding was super fun. The first in our college barkada. I can't believe it's been almost eleven years since we all first met as MIS freshies. I was absolutely clueless how techie my course was, but I knew for sure how much I was going to enjoy college. Orsem pa lang! Haha!

CafPpl! I miss our trips to Enchanted Kingdom, dinners at Don Henrico's, lunches at the Cervini Caf, Lloyd's Polo na car (bawal kapag Thursdays), Buddy's white Civic, hanging out at Fara's house where the food seemed to be limitless, Chrissie's infectious laugh, Mitch's rants and raves, Lery's veggie sandwiches, hanging out at Gate 3 with Tere (spotting all the cute guys walking home or playing softball), YBs with Cathi, Sid's Kermit the Frog shirt, Jason's big smile... Syet! Nakakamiss!! Meron pa ba akong namiss out? Haha!

Tere remarked how none of us have changed. Although Mitch and I were dubious about her tone (hehe), I took it to mean something positive. It's been seven years since we graduated from college. We don't get to see each other as often as we used to, we've all had several jobs, met new people, achieved so many things... And yet, when we do see each other, we're all the same old goofballs. Maybe that's the magic of friendship (insert Raymond Lauchengco's 'Farewell' here). Ang galeng lang to have friends like that. I think San Miguel was really onto something with their, "Iba ang may pinagsamahan" catch phrase.

I will try to find an old Cafppl picture... way back when birkenstocks worn with printed socks were cool.

Okie... moving on to more recent friends... Rni, Keysi, and I went to see Charlotte's Web last Saturday. It was a really nice movie. Dakota Fanning was adorable. I just love children's books. There is wisdom in them. Simple and universal. I'm glad I had that grande Iced Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks. It kept me alert and attentive. Anyway, Charlotte's web was also about friendship. Heart warming lang. Parang I want a pet pig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home