Wednesday, February 07, 2007

[Movie Schmovie] Ze Holiday


Last night, I was fortunate enough to be the recipient of free movie premiere tickets of "The Holiday". Huge huge thanks to Karina, Tita Lydia, and Tita Olen! We missed the first fifteen minutes of the movie, so it was a good thing I'm pretty updated with the trailers, so I knew the general premise. So did I like it?? It was good. I think the roles fit each of the actors like a glove (prolly because the parts were written with them in mind, so I heard somewhere). Cameron Diaz was hilarious. Jude Law was a dream boat. Jack Black was funny. And of course, Kate Winslet was Kate Winslet (ergo, brilliant. Haha!) Love, love her. I think I like "Something's Got to Give" better (also from Nancy Meyers). Kate Winslet's character did have a couple of great lines. Insightful. Lemme see if I can find 'em.

Now, about Mr. Law (Graham in the movie). Del from RX said that this might be his sexiest role ever. Hehe. I'm close to agreeing. So his character, Graham, is the token, good-looking guy. He's suave. He's sensitive. Eye candy. He's smart. And he can most certainly carry a conversation, make your knees weak with that piercing look. In a nutshell, he's probably that hearthrob from school who girls swoon over. Seemingly perfect.

Then there's Jack Black (Miles in the movie). He makes you laugh, he keeps everything interesting. He listens to you intently. And when he's into someone, he's really in it for the entire ride. Comparatively, he's like your guy best friend who comforts you and makes everything seem better.

So what do girls want? Both I guess! Haha! I think Graham's character is too close to perfect. Miles' character is kinda more real.

I wish the movie ended better though. It was pretty predictable. I could see Ina and Camille in the two girls, Olivia and Sophia.

Ooohh... found those nice lines:

Iris: Because you're hoping you're wrong. And every time she does something that tells you she's no good, you ignore it. And every time she comes through and suprises you, she wins you over, and you lose that argument with yourself, that she's not for you.
Miles: Exactly, and on top of that there's the old standby, I can't believe a girl like that would actually be with a guy like me.


Iris: It doesn't matter how many new haircuts you get, or gyms you join, or how many glasses of chardonnay you drink with your girlfriends... you still go to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you did wrong or how you could have misunderstood. and how in the hell for that brief moment you could think that you were that happy. And sometimes you can even convince yourself that he'll see the light and show up at your door. And after all that, however long all that may be, you'll go somewhere new. and you'll meet people who make you feel worthwhile again. And little peices of your soul will finally come back. And all that fuzzy stuff, those years of your life that you wasted, that will eventually begin to fade.


Next on my movie list... Music and Lyrics!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home