Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Friday Mushroom Melt and Prawn Pomelo Salad

What is Friday without the culinary deelites??

Lunch time, I sunk my teeth into one of the classic fast food sandwiches. Bacon Mushroom Melt. Mike and I crossed EDSA through the MRT passages, down the flight of stairs and to Wendy's. It was scorching hot, and my long sleeved blouse was no help. I gulped down half of my iced tea even before Mike got his order. Haha. Thirsty?

Although I had promised my CSTE review thirsty self to go home early, I said yes to dinner with Keysi. We decided to grace People's Palace. I've always loved People's Palace. Ate Lovely introduced this resto to us back when its only branch was in Malate.



The waiters are very courteous. And best of all. The food! People's Palace, in own personal opinion, serves the best Thai food in Metro Manila. Sweeping statement. Which is true in Tenten's world.

It's been a while since I had red wine with my dinner. So I ordered a glass. (Ooohh.... How I missed you, Cabernet-Sauvingnon).



So here's what we ordered...

Twas Keysi's first time trying the very delectable Prawn Pomelo Salad. This is in my top 5 best salads ever list. Haha. It's great to eat before the main course, during the main course, and after the main course. Love the nutty and herby taste.



We ordered two main dishes. The beef green curry dish and the pork with green pepper corn. Every bite took us back to our lamon days in Bangkok.




Okie... So twenty minutes and half a glass of red wine later... Ta-da! Hahaha. Dinner was just awesome. Worth every penny.



Friday Random Thoughts... Written while I was at Starbucks BF...

This is my lame-o attempt to study for my CSTE exam. I'm at Starbucks BF, with a short White Chocolate Mocha on my left. In the background is David Bowie singing "Let's Dance" on my iPod, and a cacophony of chatter. I have a feeling that the group of giddy high school girls, high on caffeine will definitely NOT help my concentration. Hehe. Starbucks ran out of Wifi Cards (demnit). Although I figured, I didn't come here to surf... or blog (which is what I'm doing right now. Hehe). I came here to review. Poo. Who am I kidding?! I'm still itchy, even after the quick shower I took when I got home. Fissan... I need my Fissan...

Random thoughts (while desperately trying to motivate myself to read through the CSTE made EZ handout)....

** Last time I brought Macmac out for a spin was late last year, when I was preparing for the Naguit-Castro wedding. There was also that one time when Karina, Irving, and I goofed around with the photobooth. And of course... long before that was when Mac Mac I was stolen. I'm turning my evil eye towards the direction of Mocha Blends across the street.

** Keysi and I had a fab fab dinner today!People's Palace is in fact a palace of great Thai food. The best. I had a glass of red wine... I realized, It's been a while since I had a glass of red wine with dinner. I welcomed the warm pink color in my cheeks after finishing the glass. Hello anti-oxidants! Haha!

** Keyce and I started talking about what motivates us and what motivates other people (context of the work place). Lately, we've been feeling uninspired and unmotivated. Maybe we need something new? Maybe we need to take a break? I think essentially, we need to reexamine our long term goals and see where the present fits... or if it doesn't. Career-wise, I'm not very excited about achieving great feats. Well, not recently. I probably do NEED a break. Fixing my parents' vacay has left a longing for a trip to somewhere exotic and exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home