Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend Random Thoughts...

Random Thoughts from the Weekend...

** Missing Ate Gret.. Bebet and I were talking about Ate Gret last Friday and it suddenly dawned on me how much I miss having her around (Of course, miss ko rin si Ate My, Ate Svet, and Judy!). She has this contagious laugh. She and I both love "I Am Sam" and she's Kikay Incarnate. Haha. I remember those times when she and Bebet would drop by the house and just hang out. Nakakamiss lang.

** Taking Charge and Missing the Parental Units... The parents will be out for almost a month, and I, the Pinoy Big Sister, have been left in charge of the household. Just like the time when they went to Europe, Ate Ten is in charge of the management and finances of the house. This isn't the first time, so I'm feeling less apprehensive. Naks. When I was watching the Urvan turn the corner of our street (with the parental units aboard), I couldn't help but feel happy and sad. Happy because they were going on a trip, and sad because I know I'm going to miss them. Cheesy ba? At least Papa is a text away. Hehe. But at the rate he's sending SMS messages, it looks like he'll need to reload two weeks from now. Haha.

** I'm glad I took that cooking class last weekend. I've been having thoughts about going to culinary school. While i was sitting in class, making our sandwiches, washing the dishes, I realized... I like cooking for someone, more than I like cooking itself. Haha. Which means, I may not be cut out for the culinary arts after all. Hehe. After making our sandwiches and the soup, and while watching my groupmates pack the goodies we made, I had another realization. More than the act of cooking, the enjoyable part is eating the food with someone. I had wanted to chat with my groupmates, but they all packed their food away and were a couple of footsteps away from the door.

** Big girls. Summer time and my kiddie barkada Ina, Iris, and Yssa, are on summer break. This weekend, I've lost count of the times when I couldn't help but smile at their hirits and antics. Haha. From "makulit" they're slowly transitioning into "kikay". Ina is taller than me now. Camille is still a baby. And Yssa still has her melodic cute laugh. Haaay... I can't say this enough. Time flies. Seeing these girls grow up has been such a joy.

** Karina/JB fix. I haven't seen Figgy for about two weeks now. :( Pooh. I am in need of an usual weekly JB fix. I was talking to her earlier today, teasing her with "I miss you, baby"s. Haha. No lesbian love here. Promise. Haha. Anyway, I hope to see her sometime this week. I think we have a million backlog kwentuhans we need to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home