Monday, May 28, 2007

Not a Sunday Wasted

When it started raining at 12NN today, I began to entertain the thought of not going to Mr. and Mrs. Garon's 30th Wedding Anniversary. It was about at least 50km away, and the thought of just lazing around the house was very tempting. I was locked in to going though because Vanessa's friend from college, Nezlee, was hitching a ride with me. When I passed by for Mariless in Hillsborough, she wasn't even dressed! So it was just me, Kuya Jerry, and my new friend Nezlee.

Turns out, I'm pretty glad I went to the Wedding Anniversary. We arrived just in time for the homily. I was looking at the guests, and I think I was a tad bit overdressed. Hehe. Oh well. Twas the second time I had worn my green dress, so at least it got some mileage. Anyway, during the homily, the priest asked Mr. Garon if he had wanted to meet Mrs. Garon, if in a different life. It took him a while before he replied because he was crying!

Awww... I've been to, organized, and seen a lot of weddings in the past 5 years. Seeing guys cry.... Always a pleasant and touching experience. Ok. So the Schmenten waterworks are pretty "mababaw". I cry easily. Not a big surprise that I felt my eyes welling up with tears several times today.

Tonight, I was reminded of how important it is to be with someone who respects and loves you with all his heart. I could tell that Mrs. Garon was the love of Mr. Garon's life. For thirty years, they've only been apart for 5 days. What's also amazing is how much they've given back to the world (with their Nazareth Formation House). As husband and wife, they forged a mission to help the wounded and the broken.

Mr. Garon shared one interesting tidbit which I had to smile about. He said that he and Mrs. Garon are very different individuals. They each are at the end of the spectrum. But despite their differences, what's made their marriage work is that they shared the same values, essentially. Which is also probably why Irene and I have been friends for such a long time. Anyway. Mr. Garon also shares that as husband and wife, they continue to be extra sensitive to each other. Similar to reading each other's minds.

Not a lot of guys who are like Mr. Garon, who open show their emotions, and who obviously is crazy about his wife and his family after thirty years of marriage. Haaaay.... Finding someone like that or being lucky to be the love of someone's life. What an experience.

I texted Irene today. I had a new thought. Would you rather marry the love of your life? Or would you want to marry someone who you're the love if his life (did that make sense and was that even gramatically sound?!)? She hasn't replied yet. Hehe. Interesting new question to ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home