Monday, May 28, 2007

What's Your Favorite Hugh Grant Movie?

I slept at around 2AM last night because I watched Notting Hill. There was this great DVD sale at O in the Powerplant mall, and Keyce and I got four new DVDs. I haven't seen Notting Hill for a while and I figured, what the hey?

Hugh Grant is the quintessential leading man! So I IMDBed his filmography and I thought... why not rank my favorite Hugh Grant romantic movies?

(1) Love Actually Favorite movie moment: Keira Knightly's "To me you are perfect". Love that moment. Hugh Grant as Prime Minister! Brilliant! Love the end scene at Heathrow airport. Emma Thompson's story was pretty sad. And real. Haaaay. I think I was just smiling after seeing this movie. Like any feel good movie, I felt good. Love is all around.

(2) Two Weeks Notice Chemistry between Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant was purrrrfect and unmistakable. Favorite movie moment: George (Hugh) and Lucy (Sandra) eating their lunch. They had that comfortable dynamic. George was filthy rich, but he was so dependent on Lucy. It's always nice to be needed.

(3) Bridget Jones's Diary
A modern day Pride and Prejudice! Jane Austen is genius. So is Helen Fielding. She hit a chord with thirty-something single ladies. Favorite movie moment... When Bridget's friends rat out on her by saying, "To Bridget. Who we love. Just the way she is." And Mark Darcy's lingering look.... waaaaah... Ok fine. So it's Colin Firth's Darcy character that won me over. But Hugh Grant as the mischievous bad boy Daniel Cleaver. Fit like a glove. It was refreshing to see Hugh out of the goodie-two-shoe roles.

(4) Music and Lyrics Awww... I have two or three blog entries which prove how much I enjoyed this movie. Drew's on it, so I'm already biased. Haha. Favorite movie moment. Over dinner where Alex and Sophie share an inside joke. That was nice. Hehe. See how Schmenten appreciate the subtleties. Haha. Of course, there's "Way Back into love", song of hope.

(5) Notting Hill I think I appreicated this movie more when I saw it several years after first seeing it. Supporting case was awesome. William Thacker's (Hugh) friends were such a crazy, sweet bunch. Love his roomie, Spike. Haha. Favorite movie moment... That one shot where William was walking in Notting Hill and the seasons were changing. Beautiful. Oh. Of course, and the end of the movie, where Elvis Costello's "She" was playing. That montage where Anna Scott (Julia) gets off the limo followed by the very shy William (who trips while walking down the red carpet).

(6) About a Boy Will (Hugh) was living off the royalties of his past success. What a life. Favorite movie moment... Will singing "Killing Me Softly" on stage to save Marcus's a**. Nice to know that it is possible for single guys to discover their paternal genes.

(7) Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason Mark Darcy. Mark Darcy. Need I say more? Haha. Favorite movie moment... Bridget silently watching Mark sleeping with "Loving You" playing in the background. There were times though when Bridget seemed downright silly and pathetic. But Mark saves the day, as always. Daniel Cleaver (Hugh) was very sexy. In Bangkok no less! But once a cheater... always a cheater.

(8) Four Weddings and a Funeral For some reason, I do not fancy Andie McDowell. Hehe. There's just something about her that I do not like. Anyway, I think this was the first Hugh Grant movie I saw. He looked real cute in that 90s porma of loafers and shorts. Favorite movie moment... Actually, when they fooled us into thinking he was getting married. Supporting cast was great.

(9) Mickey Blue Eyes Favorite movie moment... Mickey doing the Italian mobster accent in saying, "Hey, fuggeddabout it!" Can't mistake that British accent.

(10) Nine Months My least favorite. But it was good. I think I only saw this movie once (just like Mickey Blue Eyes).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home