Sunday, July 15, 2007

IMAX, Gumbo, and Lots of Laughs

Made a trip to the Mall of Asia yesterday to see "Harry Potter, The Order of the Phoenix" on IMAX! Thanks to Tere for the free tickets!

We were pretty hungry when we first arrived MOA. I was surfing the net earlier that day, to look for In-MOA-only restos. "Gumbo" has been getting a lot of positive feedback, so I asked Tere if we could eat there. And ate there we did! She told me Burgoo and Gumbo had the same owners. The resto was pretty spacious and at an early dining hour (it was prolly around 6:45 then), the resto was pretty full. They served New Orleans food! Which was pretty interesting. Lotsa spices!




I was pretty hungry so I started with the New England Clam Chowder. Yum. Liked the bread bowl.



Our food came rather quickly! After ten minutes or so, our orders of Seafood Jambalaya and a Half Slab of Baby Back Ribs came. The Ribs were most satisfying! It was tender and the meat fell off the bone.




Fast forward to thirty minutes later, we were in line for the IMAX screening. Grabe! The screen was huge. And we were so close to it. Daniel Radcliffe is cuter up close. Hehe.

Later we had dessert at Cafe Breton! I had Butter and Sugar with a scoop of Mantecado ice cream.




Us girls just chatted and chatted. Keyce and I shared our Bangkok stories with Tere and I think she was ready to buy a plane ticket. Haha. Next time, she will join us in our BKK adventure.

Classic laugh out loud moments... The beach and snorkelling. Haha. Idol.

Random Thoughts...

** I was supposed to jump start on my October project, but napping and chatting got in the way. Hehe. I need to be more disciplined in managing my time. I manage to convince myself that I deserve the lazy break because of all the busy activities during the work week. I think I need to make that reservation on Monday to really get things started.

** Goals! I've set out a few goals before the end of the year. And I need to start working towards achieving them. The year is past the half-way mark. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home