Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Tired Lately

i think I've been ranting about work these past few blog entries. I think I spend an average of 12 hours in the office. 30 minute lunch breaks, with the occasional logical breaks. Just today, I received 190 emails in total. So many things to do left and right. Ugh. And I received an email about my deployment extension... to 2008! Haha. Panalo. This set-up, where we work during our clients' business hours, is actually very challenging. The turnaround time for most tasks should be quicker. Hence the flow of work is steady. Most of the time lately, uncontrollable. The pressure is on. And we can all feel it. I wish I can clone myself to do more things.

There are times when I ask myself if I made the right decision to stay on. I know logically, in the long run, for what I want to do, this seems to be the better learning experience. I just need to set clearer boundaries of my time. Avoid those long work days, if they can be avoided.

I guess I'm feeling a little down lately because my usual lakwatsa buddies have gone or will be going MIA. I like the predictability of routines. But then there are times when I just want a drastic change to shake things up.

Keyce and I made bold predictions at the start of the year. I think she's catching her break very soon (very happy for her, and quite sad for movie/lamon buddy-less me), and I'm just wishing I could fast forward to March 2008. I was chatting with Ate Gret today (my co-DIYOSA). I was telling her how I wish I could skip August 2007 till about Feb 2008. I sort of know how the months ahead will be playing out anyway. A birthday and Christmas like any other.

In other news, Pesem was telling me that there is a John Mayer concert close to where he lives. And get this. Ben Folds?! The front act. ANOBEH. Here's Mr. Fate again, dangling these great great musical events in front of my face. Basta (with clenched fist raised)! I will see Coldplay in concert before I turn 30.

Had a pleasant ride home with Papa. We just chatted about stuff. Keyce called while we were weaving our way through South Super Highway. Darnit! It's been two weeks since we last daw each other and we need a major lamon event. Anyway, I realized lately how much I enjoy coming home and living with my family. I would like to experience being independent (maybe sometime next year? Hehe). But for now, spending time with family is tops.

5 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

When I go to new york this August..i'll watch john mayer...hahahaha :-P

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger rotsss said...

i understand what you mean about fast-forwarding the days. until january 2009. HAHAH. then i decide whether or not i continue with this OFW sh!t or not.

but before you do any fast-forwarding, PUNTA KA MUNA DITO, DEMMET! =P

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Tenten said...

I HECHU PESEM!! But I love you pa rin. :-) Miss na kita epaloids! Thanks for calling me kanina. Whilst you were walking in front of the concert stadium. Mwahahaa.

ROCHNESS! I heard! Gumimik kayo nina Mows and Paui sa Sing! Woohoo! Ms. Dragon Boat! Yan naman. Ikaw na ang bagong bayani.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger grouchy angel said...

i watched coldplay last year in sydney entertainment center. it was oooohh sooohhhh cool. ang ganda sobra ng music. kinanta nila lahat ng popular songs nila. pati yong song ni kylie pinatugtog nila. wahahha! all hail coldplay!

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Tenten said...

I HECHU GROUCHY ANGEL CHINCHIN! Waaaaah! Kami napanuod namin si Ben Folds. Magaling sya. PERO IBA PA RIN SI CHRIS MARTIN! Waaaaah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home