Saturday, July 21, 2007

Turning Japanese

Today, my Friday gimik bud was Macky. We met up at Serendra and had dinner at Tatami, this Jap resto (same owners of Sakura). I love hanging out with this Mina jewel. We can talk for hours and hours (about our bad spending habits, movies, tv shows, life). I ordered spicy tuna maki, which I realized has become a favorite of mine lately. Macky had me laughing at his French accent impression. He and I share a common liking for Neil Patrick Harris.

After dinner, we met with Karina and Irving. A good amount of time was spent talking about Transformers and other vintage cartoon shows from our childhood. We were all surprised Karina didn't know "Jem and the Holograms".

Random Thoughts...

** While waiting for Macky, I hung around in Fully Booked. I saw unopened boxes upon unopened boxes of the Deathly Hollows book. A sign outside the store indicated that they'll be opening at 7 AM! I figured, I'll get get my HP Book 7 at the National Bookstore closest to my house (Jaka Plaza). On my way home, I decided to pass by aforementioned bookstore. Because of my busted car alarm and a few dubious bystanders, I quickly got back in the car. I just took note of the opening time (10 AM). I wanted to see if there were any unopened boxes. At home, I convinced Suzie to go with me to Fully Booked tomorrow morning! I love you Suzie! And breakfast is on me tomorrow!

** Been pretty busy at work! I've been away for two days, but it seems I can actually charge those two SL days to actual work hours! I was in the office till 11:30 pm yesterday. From 7:30am. I just took at 30 minute lunch break. That was it. Today, another 30 minute lunch break. Lunch was courtesy of Nanay Q. Eating BBQ is always a treat. Anyway... I digress. Some people admittedly are not built for the corporate world. They actually don't like it. As for moi, after six years, I must say, I like the corporate world. Although it's never always kind, I can defintely see myself pursuing a long term career in the setting of the corporate world.

** While I'm on self-imposed VA, Macky pointed out that I should be on WV (Word Vomit). Haha. He asked me about it today, while we were having coffee. Told him, it's been a while. It's not really confusing. Pretty clear now. Macky was saying it's kind of sad. Oh well (that's me trying to be nonchalant).

** Mariless's beeday tomorrow. Pot luck. I've been tasked to bring pasta. Ooo... I'm going behind the stove again tomorrow! I'm thinking maybe Pesto Cream with chicken. My specialty ba?

** Changes in the horizon. Waaaaah. Don't want to jinx it though. :-) Good luck to you, my sweet! Kahit na the thought of you leaving makes me sad (close to tears even!). Will be posting, "Wanted! Movie and Eating Buddy" on the classified ads soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home