Monday, July 16, 2007

Stuff

My mind wanders today in the alleyways of relationships and love. I think for a single 27 year old, such trips are often taken. Hehe.

Lately, so many of my friends tied the knot. I love weddings where I know both the bride and the groom personally. Seeing how they've grown, how their relationships progressed from nothing to something. There's a finality about marriage. The end of one's single days. Yet, it's clearly a beginning of a new life together. Ten years ago, I told myself I wanted to get married to my third boyfriend at age 25. Fast forward to today, I'm still still counting 0 for the ex-es. Hehe. Honestly, it would be nice to meet the one and spend the rest of your life together. I don't think I'm strong enough to survive a break-up anyway, and well. From all the waiting I've been doing, I'm sensing it may not be picture perfect, but it will surely be wonderful and worth it.

There are times though, when I miss having someone. Someone who knows little, seemingly insignificant stuff about me. Someone who I can share how my boring day went, and who listens to my never ending stories about friends and family. Someone who in his own little way, shows that he cares and he pays attention. Someone who I can share my food with and who willingly shares his. Or just having inside jokes and laughing out loud.

Someday. Someone. Hehe.

I'm in no hurry to get married. I'm pretty excited about what comes before that. There are still a couple of things I want to do for myself. I think these past 27 years have been wonderful, exciting, and meaningful. I'm just waiting for what's coming next. Maybe a surprise in the next turn.

People say I'm picky. I don't think I am. Or maybe I'm in denial. Haha. I just know what I want, I guess. I'm the type who knows for sure if I like someone or not. No confused days of "Do I like him?" "Don't I like him?" "What is this I'm feeling, I just can't explain?" Haha. All the time. I am able to explain. Irene often tells me that we are not getting any younger and maybe I should just give other people a chance. Haha. Fine. Maybe I AM just picky. But I know one thing for sure. I am loyal. Haha.

Why all the drama? I honestly don't know. Haha. Maybe it's all the weddings. And the split-ups. And the foul-ups. Old and new couples. Ahaa... Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home