Saturday, September 15, 2007

Disguised on a Friday Night

Note to self... Take more pictures with people in 'em.

I always look forward to Fridays. Last day of the week, the beginning of the weekend. Unwinding, unloading. This Friday, I wasn't as excited. My Friday gimik bud's in Minnesota and I didn't have any particular gimik planned. At 9:30 pm, I sent a couple of messages out to friends who I know would be out. My saving grace? Macky, Bibay, and Erik! I joined them for their late dinner at Grappa's Reposo. I was absolutely famished! Here's what I had! Grilled chicken with tomatoes and cheese and a glass of red.




I was so hungry that I even finished the garnish on my plate. Mwahaha. These guys are pretty awesome. We just laughed and laughed. I met Erik's new beau, Chris. Later, Macky, Bibay and I went to M Cafe, where we ran into Alexi. He eye-balled this dude from Malaysia. "Athletic bod, in a blue long sleeved office attire" was how he described himself. And then we spotted this Chinese looking guy wearing a blue long sleeved button down shirt, wandering. He was pretty cute! He joined us and we started talking about Malaysia, his travels, his work. Deng. This guy didn't look gay at all. And he was cute!!! Bibay and I were in agreement, "Sayang naman." Makes me wonder how many other cute guys are out there who are disguised as straight guys. but are totally NOT straight.

So Keyce. My most expensive meal of the week minus our katakawan! Hehe. Feels a little weird still, not having you around. Anyway, I hope you and your roomie are not smoking, not drinking, not wearing jeans, and not judging each other. Mwahaha.

Random thoughts...

** My first time ever! Paid my Citibank Bill through the Metrobank ATM. My first thought, "Pede pala yun?!" For years, I've been withdrawing my payments and driving to Citibank to deposit them. Thank you Metrobank.

** Erik and Bibay are going to BKK this October!! I'm on the prowl for peeps who would like to go to BKK this end of November! Please holler and we'll talk itineraries!

** You know, all you have to do is ask.

** I think I've found what will make Robert Langdon tear his hair off. Haha. My conversations with Irene and Keyce last night were pretty enlightening. Irene shares that perhaps not doing all that you can, giving it all you've got, prevents someone from really moving on. I realized last night what she meant. I'm the type who'd rather live with a "what if", and perhaps that's the reason why I hold on to certain things, people, and possibilities, longer than I should. I maybe making excuses for myself. Maybe I'm scared. Maybe I think I have it all figured out. Maybe I should have a different approach. Shared this proposal with Keyce and she asked me, "Kaya mo ba?" Mwahaha. Robert Langdon! SOS! I'm giving this some more thought this weekend.

** Paui! I will have another entry about the parking lot analogy. I've shared this analogy with so many people already. I dunno if I'll be able to explain it well without my gesticulations. Hehe. Will try!

** So sayang these great, good looking guys (who are into music and movies) who are gay. Classic example: Alexi's Malaysian Eyeball boylet. It's hard to call them out these days. One woman's loss, another gay guy's treasure. I have a handful of gay friends. They're all fabulous and we just go well together like espresso and steamed milk! I wonder how Grace Adler (of Will and Grace) feels, when she fell in love with Will right before he realized he was gay. Haha. But I guess what that show teaches us, is that in the most adverse, complicated situations, emerge the best friendships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home