Monday, October 01, 2007

Satur-whattaday

Satur-whattaday


Schmenten had zero sleep for 23 hours last Saturday! I spent Friday in the office, working with the last minute Siebel Implementation. The bright side to this implementation was that we are one SIR less in our November implem. Anyway, we took out some food at Aysee's and stuffed ourselves oily with Sisig, BBQ, Tokwa't Baboy, and Manggang hilaw. Yammeee...

By the time it was 5AM, we were exchanging stories , with our eyes closed half-way, our stomachs growling. Implem finally wrapped up at 6AM. I was close to famished. Mike and I had breakfast at Pancake House Magallanes where we wolfed down Blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and french toast. I later realized what a bad idea it was to have two cups of coffee (although this fueled our animated conversation about the fly on my coffee and how Diane, the waitress, cleaned it out).

When I got home at 9AM, Mama and Papa were just dying to hear about my conversation with Marjorie the evening before. We went online and alas, Tita Linda and Tita Cion were on line too! i just took a quick bath and skyped with the peeps from L.A. I had to remind myself that I had a 1PM meeting with Rosan and Darlo, and by 11, I've had 0 sleep! And so I took a quick nap between 1130 and 1230.

I arrived at Greenheights Subdivision quite groggy and actually a little hungry. God bless Rosan and Darlo's hospitality! I had some (err, a lot pala) of Nanay's famous adobo, and I swear, I couldn't stop eating until the rice was all gone. We talked about wedding preparations. Rosan showed me the Jessica McClintock gown Monica got her and I just noted their to dos. Argh. Couldn't stop eating! We had coffee, caramel chocolate, and not an hour after the adobo, some pansit and sapin sapin.

I was not so sleepy. And I was quite full. Hehe!

We later left for Nature's Church to check out where the ceremony and reception was going to be. I was pleasantly surprised to find how not very church-y the place looked like! It's brimming with potential (sort of like a girl with a pretty face, in dire need of a make over). Darlo simply charmed the Nature Cafe sales rep! He's not in showbiz for nothing!

We went back to BF to get some dinner at Tides, their new resto! The ambience was better than Central's! More variety of food on the menu. Darlo gave me a glass of "Red Tide", and it was good! I was mentally making marks on the calendar on my head, planning when to visit again. After the Margherita Pizza, Chicken Pita, and Chicken fingers at Tides, we hit Ruins with Darlo's business partner, DJ. I found a couple of Korean DVDs which I couldn't resist.

Of course, when I went home, showered, and popped the DVD on my laptop while sprawled on the bed, I ended up dozing off. My body finally gave up and gave in to the much needed sleep.

Hanging out with Rosan, Darlo, and Monica kept me up and was just great. I've known Rosan since I was a kid (back in grade school). Again, history just bonds us together. We don't see each other regularly, but when we do, never a dull moment. I guess although more recent history shapes who we've become, we're basically still the same kids as we were 20 years ago.

Sound Trip and Food Trip. Rosan and Darlo love eating and are the type of couple who you just love hanging out with. Darlo's super funny and I can't imagine Rosan with anyone else. I think we share the same sentiment for Cathy and Randy. Makes me smile (and hopeful) that my grade school friends ended up with great guys. Not just good guys. But great guys. Anyway! Eating good food's always a highlight of my day. The sound trip was fun too! I give full credit to my iPod and iTrip! I'm pretty happy they all liked my selection! Monica nonchalantly was saying, "I love Frou Frou" and of course, I just had to chime in excitedly. I played "Electric Youth" and "I Saw the Sign." Darlo made it very clear that he wanted to hear Michael Buble. Hehe. Their wedding playlist is shaping up, I think.

I barely rested last Saturday, but every minute I was up was all worth it. I was extra willing to go out of course because I knew Monday was a Sydney holiday, and I effectively had a long weekend ahead.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger gwenny14 said...

what a busy day! i just had to say that i miss aysee's food. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home