Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Long Day Today

Taking a day off (from the office) is asking for it. "It" being a ton of emails and a boat-load of backlog tasks. A record high of backlog emails. 159, when I first opened my computer. It was just emailing and conference calls left and right. I had lunch a little around 3pm. And left the office past 10pm. I could feel the "L" on my forehead, whilst eating my green tea loaf at Starbucks for dinner, while sipping the freebie black currant green tea frap sampler (in cute, small cups).

A nice ending to this long day...

** Listening to Kings of Convenience's "Stay Out of Trouble" and Tahiti 80's "Heartbeat", great musical discoveries courtesy of my friends, ANJelo and Bibay. It's great how a song can bring you back in time, remind you of a feeling or a moment in your life. I was listening to "Better off Alone" on my way home and I could easily remember our 2000 vacay in the US. Fun! Fun!

** Playing with Jianna! Super cutesy.

** Catching "My Best Friend's Wedding" on HBO. Movie that immortalized, "A Say A Little Prayer" and "The Way You Look Tonight" on the wedding song book. Schmenten is a sucker for best friend movies. When I first saw this movie, I didn't like it very much. Probably because Jules didn't get the guy. It was a sad ending, but I think as I grew older, I've found a greater appreciation for movies with not so happy endings. Probably because they're more real. I saw this movie a few months ago, and I think I just bawled like a baby (at the parts where Lery brought out the Kleenex). That part where Michael danced with Jules, and when he says, "You have to say it out loud. Otherwise, the moment just passes you by." And at the end where Michael and Kimmie's car drives off. And when Jules lends their song. And when Jules was running after Michael who was running after Kimmie. Haaaay. At least the token gay best friend's there to make things a little easier. Jules is actually pretty evil. Hehe. George giving it to her point blank was what made me cry the first time I saw this movie, "Nodody! (is chasing you) You are not the one, Jules. Get it?" It's hard to be jello most of the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home