Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Tweynty Eight Tooday

Sixth of November today. My 28th beeday! I've never taken a leave on my birthday. Hehe. I've always enjoyed greetings from co-workers and the incessant ringing of the telephone. I've always thought that my beeday has some cosmic connection with Christmas day. My beeday always falls on the same day as Christmas day. This year, December 25's a Tuesday as well.



For lunch today, I treated myself to some Nanay Q BBQ. Whenever I'm down or when I feel like treating myself, lunch-wise, first thing that comes to mind is a BBQ lunch. So that's what I had today. And pineapple juice.



While we were having our all-hands meeting, the 7th Floor receptionist called me to say I had flowers! I almost cried (if not for the ten people surrounding my cubicle) when I read the note that went with the flowers! They were from Keysi! Awww...



Aside from my birthday, another hot topic of the day was Mike's new glasses. Elvis Costello meets Lisa Loeb meets Drew Carrey. Transported back to the seventies. Haha! The best comment his new glasses ever got was from Ceasar, "Kala ko pampacute lang eh."



Despite a minor set-back in the morning, the day went pretty well. So many of my friends and family called and sent messages. My day ended with a laughter-filled conversation with Ms. London, who asked me what my birthday resolution was. Haha. Classic. She knows me inside and out!



Kar and I then had dinner at Clawdaddy in Serendra. We ordered the King BBQ something, which is an assortment of grilled goodies. The server brought me a free slice of apple pie and sang a very short happy beeday. Free dessert is free dessert!






I brought Karina home after having tea at Seattle's Best. The Christmas lights in Makati have been lit! It's just weird seeing the trees with white stars. Parang bultong stars nga eh! Haha! But all lined up along Ayala Avenue, they look really pretty.

Haaaay. Christmas time na naman. Another birthday and before I know it, another year (2007) has passed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home