Thursday, June 19, 2008

12 years and 2 glasses of wine later...

I've known Lery for 12 years now! The last time we had a one-on-one was last October, when we hung out at her new house. We did see each other last Christmas and spoke for about thirty minutes over the phone two weeks ago. Anyway, we had dinner at Felix, this nice resto in Greenbelt 5. The waiter told us the chef of the resto was the Florbel. I didn't have any expectations of the food, so I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed myself!

Lery took the liberty of ordering the best selling appetizer, Spicy Tuna! It was really good! The salad was good too!



For our entree, we ordered the seabass. Fab fab fab. They were nice enough the split our order in half.



Here's my pretty dinner date! Her hair's straighter now, but she's still her same charming self.





I was telling her that perhaps not seeing each other on a regular basis has its advantages. We just talked and talked for almost three hours! And over two glasses of wine each. I had the Hardy's Shiraz, which was pretty nice.

I asked Lery how she felt about the marriage/engagement frenzy (being in our late twenties). She is not the least bit worried. I told her that she's one of my friends who I sincerely wish to see with someone just awesome. She's happy with her life her in Manila, and I have to say. I share the same sentiment.

She did open my eyes to other options, and how adults can have open, honest conversations. Right on.



I excitedly told Grouchy today that I was looking forward to dinner. College life's the best, and meeting with old friends gives you that something extra. I was telling Mike how I feel sort of "off" these past few weeks. He tried to figure out what was causing this "off" feeling. Work? The fact that we were renovating houses? The big hole in my old room (which will soon be a closet)? Not seeing Karina for three weeks? I dunno really. But tonight made me feel tons better. I just miss sitting down with a good friend, over a great meal, and having lots of laughs.

Thanks Lery Berry! You're heaven sent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home