Friday, June 30, 2006

The People

I was in my previous project's closing party last night. I volunteered for the Program Committee (Not exactly a big surprise), and I think we did a pretty good job in keeping people entertained. I especially liked showing the prizes we had for the guys... the latest issue of FHM magazine and a box of tissues. Naughty, naughty, naughty. Haha! Anyway, I felt real nostalgic when they were showing the first video presentation with pictures of the project pioneers. Must be the music. :-D Hehe! The games were especially fun. Reminiscing galore of people who had come and gone. So many names elicited the "I can't believe I forgot about her/him!" reactions. But the biggest, most riotous reaction was when we showed the "Feeling F4" video we made about 2-3 years ago. I think I almost peed in my pants.

As I've said a couple of times already, it's not really the deliverables we created, the projects we delivered that will matter most. It's the relationships with people. It felt nice to see all of them again. My teammates I see pretty often. But I miss them still somehow.

Sometimes, it seems like a different world, when I think back about my 6750, 8th floor days. That project was in a different dimension all together. Davis's opening prayer was a good one. Kinda sums up what all those years were all about. Good times, bad times. But the people. Seeing them kinda brings you back to those days. You had bad times, but your seatmate, teammate, or even the manong guards made things more bearable.

Here's Davis's prayer:

Heavenly Father, for the past several years, Dow has become our home. Sometimes, we even feel like more of a Dow employee than Accenture. This is because we loved the people we worked with, where we worked at, the kind of work we were doing, and level of professionalism this project has taught us.

Father, we thank you for the Dow experience that has nurtured us into professionals. Into example employees of Accenture. We thank you for the people we have met through the years. For the deliverables we have finished with a sense of pride. Because we know, this will become a legacy. And our work will live on despite our abscence or the closure of this project here in manila. Thank you father for without this experience with Dow, we are no where near what we have become right now... as an employee... And as a "Person".

We ask you Lord to protect those going on-shore to continue the task we have started. May they be safe and happy. We also ask you Lord to provide more opportunities for the people who has been moved to other projects.

And may you bless the people who lead this project into a success. May we all shine from the rest of our peers... for we know we have learned from the best. We would be honored if we can accomplish even half of what we have accomplished here in Dow.

As for this evening, thank you Father for letting us enjoy the presence of our friends. This time in this party, we no longer need to point fingers or even worry about the support phones. FOR THIS WE THANK YOU!! And may God bless us all.

Amen.



I might be moving to Cybergate in a week. And I'm a little sad. Hehe! I know it's a project deployment and everything (OoOOhhh... Kinda exciting). But I will miss MTS. This is a three-month vacation from the real project work. I enjoy being here and meeting so many new people! In a span of 3 months, I met almost 70 new people. But am pretty lousy with some of their names. Hehe.

Anyways, tis a Friday and the Man of Steel will have my full attention later at 10. My weekend's pretty full! Gaaaarsh!! Since I lost my PDA (Demn you anonymous thief!)... this might as well serve as my calendar of things to do...

Saturday:
Visit K, Take diagnostic Test, Make deposit
Buy gift for baptism this Sunday
Pay for Globe Bill
Have MotoRazr phone repaired
Deposit savings in BPI account
Hear anticipated Mass
Try to look for PDAs (not so expensive ones)

Sunday:
Attend Baptism

Crap! It's almost 7!

1 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger celgee said...

Tenten!!! :)

Hay, the party is finally over. I agree with you, sobrang saya nga...(di ba katya?hehehe)

OMG, malapit ka na nga pala lumipat sa Cyber? Na-mention nga sa akin ni Mike. Yey! masaya yun...

Trivia: Alam mo ba na si "the manager" from my blog and the manager sa pupuntahan nyo as iisa? :) Hehehehe... Balitaan mo kami ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home