Sunday, June 25, 2006

Weekend Extravaganza

It wasn't exactly partying with the stars or going somewhere exotic... but overall, I think it was pretty good!

Friday, I'm Taking the Lead

Featured film of the week is Antonio Banderas' "Take the Lead". The short of it, "Dangerous Minds" meets "Center Stage". There were a lot of preachy lines in the movie (uttered by Antonio himself). Dancing was good. Too impressive for a bunch of kids who just learned how to ballroom dance. Some of them were too good to be believable rookies. I was pretty amazed that Dante Basco is the same dude in "Hook"! Rufio! Rufio! Pretty darn cool!

I saw this movie with Keysi after we had a fantabuloso dinner at Fish and Co. Happy Birthday girlfriend! Ehhhhhhkasi! :-D

Friday was pretty good to me. My training finished early so I had some time to check my mail, have a 30 minute foot massage... Sarap. It ended nice too! Hanging out at 502, listening to Jem's CD. Best part... going home with Kuya Jerry behind the wheel. It sure does feel good to be the passenger!

Saturday's A Moment to Remember

Demn these Korean movies! Because of Pesem's urging and the simple fact that I wanted to maximize my 8 in 1 Korean Movies DVD, I finally mustered the interest to watch "A Moment to Remember". And I must say. I haven't seen "The Notebook" (but I think there might be similarities in the story), but I was just bawling my eyes out with this movie. The chemistry between the two leads was just right. The ending... waaaaah! It was good. It's one of the best Korean movies I've ever seen so far. I'm not exactly the expert on Korean movies, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. So bittersweet.

That was my Saturday afternoon... Basically crying about "A Moment to Remember". Hehe. That evening, I went with Mark and Rommel to see "Cars". Of couse, the clips at the end credits were pretty priceless. Mark was dozing off occasionally. It was a 1030 pm show for Pete's sake! Which is why you have to get some caffeine in your system for something like that. Hehe.

I stayed up late last night too watching Season 4 episodes of Sex and the City. That show is just amazing. The story was good. So many thought-provoking lines about being single, being in a relationship. And the fashion! Ugh! I think I now get my rations of wisdom and fashion in some Korean movies and Project Runway!

Sunday, Pleasant Sunday
I am liking this day a lot. :) I got up pretty early in the morning to hear mass. We went back to the house to have brunch, then Mama and I went to ATC to do errands and shopping. Hehe. Twas some nice bonding time with her. We had lunch at Italianni's and we ran into Camille, Ina, and Ate Lovely! Ina seemed to be on the growth spurt zone (she's taller than me now, I think!). Camille made a super sweet remark about "papatayin kita kung aalis ka for the US (ng matagal)" which translates to she will miss me terribly. Hehe. I made plans to visit their casa next week to watch "High School Musical", which the lil girl has been raving about a couple of weeks now.

I watched the Oprah show today! Vince Vaughn and the cast of Will and Grace were both in the episode... which I find rather strange since the end of Will and Grace is like an end of an era. They shou;d've dedicated an entire show to it! When the show finally wrapped up, I saw that the Oprah show was on CBS. Hehe! And then it made sense. I will miss Will and Grace! Note to self... buy Season Six and get started again!

***********

Tomorrow's a brand new day and I return to MTS homebase. I bet there are a ton of things I need to do... classes I need to enroll to (hmm).

Thank you for the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home