Saturday, June 17, 2006

This week's double feature

Being the movie buff that I am, it wasn't a brain twister for me to decide on seeing two movies on the same night. In some ways, that's a pretty typical Friday night for me. Hehe.

Anyways, this week's double feautre is "Cars" and "The Lake House". See my random thoughts below...

The Lake House -
I have a DVD of the original "Il Mare" Korean movie, but I have not seen it yet. So basically, this movie was adapted from that Korean movie. I have no clout to compare them though. My favorite parts... of course, the ending, And the party scene where the audience just knew that they were going to meet (I guess also the train station scene). Some parts were predictable (thanks to my Korean movies super powers of clairvoyance). I think it could have been an awesome movie, given some tweaking with the script... Probably something to hold the story better together. The plot will really ask the viewer to take a leap of faith. I really liked this movie. I wouldn't mind seeing it again. Sulit ang P150 bukols sa Shangrila Mall. And I think the swooning and teary-eyed girls in the audience would agree with me.


Cars -
This was again a fun movie from Pixar. Owen Wilson voiced the part really well. The animation was just amazing. Most of the time, I couldn't believe my eyes that I was watching an animated movie! They all looked sa real! The scenery, the clouds... Perfect! Best parts for me... That small tire-changing car who does a lightning-speed number on Lightning. That was too funny! Cameos were great too! jay Leno and Arnold the Governator! Haha! I loved the end-credits! Haha! John Ratzenberger owned it! Toy Car Story! Monster Inc! A bugs life! Haha! Any Pixar fan will laugh out loud.


More Random Thoughts...
I liked all that they said about waiting and how it relates to timing and finding "the one." As I said, I am a sucker for 'em memory and time bending stuff. I absolutely adored Eternal Sunshine on the Spotless Mind. I loved Frequency (although the ending of that movie truly stretches the viewers' belief/sense of reality). Anyways... Tis possible that we know or have met "the one", but the now isn't the time and the place asof yet.

My all-time favorite movie for this year remains to be Pride and Prejudice. The other day, I was watching "Spooks" (well, Papa was watching it and I could not help but see it, since the TV was right in front of the bed where I sleep). To my delight, Mr. MI5 agent was none other than Matthew MacFayden! Mr. Darcy on Pride and Prejudice. *sigh* I just adored that movie. How can you not say no to someone who tells you, "You have bewitched me. Body and Soul. And I love, love, love you." *sigh* Persuasion is anothe Jane Austen novel which I think might be worth the read. Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home