Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Gloomiest Day of the Year, part deux

Here I am again, now using Rommel's laptop. I really miss Macmac.

I've been trying to do the best I could to keep the public well informed about the incident which happened to me. I posted an entry in Philmug, wrote to Bidshot and eBay Philippines. This morning, I woke up with a heavy feeling in my heart. Lo and behold the Gloomiest Day of the year has extended till Sunday. Our remaining labrador pup passed on this morning. We hurriedly took him to the vet and the vet said he was really, really week. 2 of our pups died of aspiration. Milk filled their lungs while we were feeding them. But the vet also said that the pups were predisposed to be weak anyway, given the conditions of Kitkat's pregnancy.

I guess these are just lessons learned the hard way for me... about dog rearing and safety. I keep reminding myself that it's a good thing nothing bad happened directly to me (physically).

I know for a fact that I will get past all of this in time. Last year's incident has made me stronger, I think. But I've been having doubts of my general luck/karma. I think I've been a good person all my life. I never intentionally hurt anyone. I try to get along with all kinds of people. I'm just asking "why"? Why did these things have to happen? Why me? Although worse things could have happened. I'm just really trying to understand the "why" now (which often than not, comes far into the future). I'm looking forward to experiencing the better weekends up ahead.

We called Chris yesterday and I already asked him to get me the MacBook. MacMac's replacemet will be exactly like him. Tita Linda (although I haven't asked her hehehe) will be bring it home on August 24th. Till then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home