Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Gloomiest Day of the Year

I am writing this entry with the heaviest feeling in my heart...

Macmac and I parted ways today. He was stolen. Barely two months old. A group of unidentified guys broke my car's window and stole my laptop bag (where Macmac, the charger, and the mouse were). I parked my car right in front of Hit 'Em Up along President's Avenue in BF Paranaque. I was gone for an hour an when I returned, the window was slightly smashed and had fallen (in one solid piece) on the backseat. The laptop case was gone. I was just trembling when I rushed back to my cousin's clinic (where I had gone for an hour). We went to the Police Station in BF to file a complaint.

I can't believe he's gone....

There was a witness, a girl who was making bibingkas across the street, who said she saw three men beside my car. Two guys and a skinny guy with long hair. She said she recognized the skinny guy. She describes these guys to be in their early twenties and decently dressed. I retraced my steps. I had gone to Mocha Blends in BF to study and try out my computer. It was between 330-5pm that I was using it. I think these thieves might have seen me in the coffee shop, waited for me and followed me to where I parked. I'm thankful that the car was not stolen, nor that no one was hurt. But the fact that it was just that laptop bag, really leads me to believe they had seen me use it and intended to steal it and only it.

My plan of action... go back to the Police Station and have the broken window examined for finger prints (I saw a couple on the window). Also return to Mocha Blends and ask the guard on duty if he had seen anyone suspicious. I also plan to post my missing laptop's info on PhilMug. I don't know how good those guys are with reformatting a Mac.

I was crying when I spoke with Mama and Papa, super apologetic about what happened. This was Macmac's first trip out and he was stolen. I feel I should have been more careful, like concealing the bag or bringing it with me to the clinic. But irregardless, I think they really planned to steal it. I was going to hear mass and have dinner with Lery. So they could have followed me to any of those places, or worse, forced me into giving them my laptop.

I just hate the feeling of being a victim of theft. My PDA was stolen a month ago and today my laptop. BF isn't even a safe place anymore. And the coffee shops with WIFI are viewed by these thieves as a pool of possible victims.

The sadness doesn't end there though. Two of our pups passed on today. Only one yellow lab remains. It was so sad to see the send yellow pup lying lifeless inside the box, blood stained.

Today is by far the the gloomiest day of the year.

My streak of bad luck has been continuous. But then I am grateful that only my material possessions have been stolen, and that I was not assaulted or hurt. I just hope this year will bring some more great things for me. Last year was the most hurtful year of all, and I continue to pray that this year will be sooo much better.

My lessons: Never leave your valuables unattended. Always act as though you can be a victim of theft or violence. Be on the look out. If possible, always be with someone. I predict that this week, Kuya Jerry will again be servicing yours truly (which I do not mind at all).

*sigh*

1 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger rotsss said...

aww ten. :( super bad news. pero i'm glad na you're ok and nobody's hurt nga. that's the good part na lang. ingat ka dyan lagi, alam mo naman nutcases are everywhere.

God bless, be safe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home