Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A Very Raw Lindsay Lohan


I've been keeping our queen sized bed company these past few hours and while channel surfing, I came upon The Parent Trap on Star Movies! You know how there are some movies that you could see over and over again, practically mem'rized all the lines and cues?? The Parent Trap is kind of that movie for me. And I'm just amazed at how young Liindsay Lohan was!! She was brilliant! That girl has a lot of talent. Not all eleven-year-old actresses can pull off a plausible British accent! I liked her in Freaky Friday, too.

Anyway, what I also like about this movie is how great parents Dennis Quaid and Miranda Richardson's characters were. They were both so close to their children. I guess every parent will have their own parental styles. It's pretty hard to strike a balance between disciplining your kids and being their friends. You want them to turn out to be decent people with good lives, but you don't want to push them so far away. When they're grown-ups, they will eventually understand why you had to do what you did. We all love our mums and dads. But liking them is most definitely a different story. Hehe. It's pretty easy to take them for granted and be the bitches and SOBs that we can be. Bottom line is, when I do become a parent someday, I want my little girl (her name will be Sophie) to love and Like me at the same time. I don't think discipline is my stronger suit. So mystery guy (soon-to-be-husband), that'll be your turf. Hehe.

I think I've said this before, but I will say it again. As career driven and competitve I would like to think myself to be, I think my purpose in this world is to be a mother. I've had this thought for more than a decade now, and I still feel strongly about it. Someday, when I'm ready,

Hehehe. Demn what these movies can do to my random thoughts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home