Saturday, September 23, 2006

Movie of the Week : Step Up

Yesterday, Keysi and I saw "Step Up", this dance movie with the dude from "She's the Man" (Channing Tatum) and the girl from "Take the Lead" (Jenna Dewan). Story was ok. Pretty predictable. Sacrificial lamb and all. Script ... could have been better! There were so many cringe worthy lines in that movie. But the dancing! Wow! it did not disappoint! Channing Tatum as the male lead... wow. It was pretty obvious from the suppressed squeels of the girls in the cinemas that they were loving every scene when he would give Jenna Dewan this really intense look, or would lean over for a spontaneous kiss. Girls will love this movie. The guys... well. One guy said, "nakakabading yung pagsayaw nung guy." Haha.

Shopping day yesterday! It's pretty amazing to see the effect of the opening of Zara stores in Manila on Mango and Topshop! Wala nang tao sa Mango or sa Topshop masyado! Manila hearts Zara. Goodie. I tried looking for comfy flats (like the ones I got on sale for a whopping 499 bucks!), but I think I'm all lucked out.

Keysi and I had dinner at Zen, Jap resto in Glorietta. We had the sashimi platter and an order of philly cream cheese sushi roll. Anything with cream cheese is just divine! Haha! Green Tea ice cream for dessert.

In Greenbelt, we ran into Teng and her boyfriend! After the movie, I saw Bibay, Erik, their friend Regine, and Macky! We exchanged stories (I of course told them about the Day of Infamy in Sydney), and I think I was just smiling while walking back to the parking lot! Crazy, crazy peeps.

I got home at 1AM, and I think it was just the coffee I had before the 945 movie that kept me going. Geez. I think my body is still adjusting to the early morning shift (among other things... hehe!).

Weekend's here! Half of the day through, and I've been lounging around, lazy coot that I am. Might visit the kids (we still need to record part four of our radio play).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home