Tuesday, January 09, 2007

People's Palace with Irene

More backlog blog...

December 23 was a crazy day for moi. I was out of the house the entire day! First on the agenda was to meet Irene. We had lunch at People's Palace in Greenbelt. I think People's Palace is without a doubt one of my more favorite restos in the metro. It's admittedly pretty pricey, but the food is fantabulous. We ordered the best selling pomelo and prawn salad.

Irene and I just chatted and chatted the entire afternoon. We caught a glimpse of the Cojuangco family (they were seated on the nearby table). Beauties!

Anyway, I can't believe it's been a year since I last saw this girl. But we've kept close contact through emails and the occasional phone calls. She's definitely one of the funniest people I know. Ibang klaseng humirit talaga tong si Miss Bausas. One of a kind!



That afternoon, Irene said something to me which got me thinking (up to this day). "We're turning 30 in a couple of years. We should start thinking about the future." Dengit. Made me realize what a slacker I've been in the long term life plan department the latter part of the year. I guess being caught up with work makes you lose track of certain things. Although... we can make plans. To some extent. There are things and happenings beyond our control.

I'm amazed at how much my friend Irene has achieved in the past four years. She's been able to live independently in Jakarta; travel to Europe, the US, Asia; learn to be fluent in a different language; save; and! live healthy. Wow. She has a lot of discipline (Always has anyway. High school pa.).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home