Monday, May 07, 2007

No Sleep Sunday

My brain was fried last Sunday. But it was a good kind of fried. First Saturday Prayer meeting at the auxiliary house. Melissa and I worked our floral arrangement powers and we fixed the grotto. The food was just right, but I panicked slightly because more than twenty people attended. In attendance were my girls. Ina is so tall.



Mark, Ton, and went to have a massage after the prayer meeting. We then visited FIC and shared a banana split and chili cheese fries. I didn't sleep anymore because Ate Gret was on line (and chatting/talking to her is always a joy) and I was picking up the balikbayans from the airport at 5AM.

So after an hour of waiting at the airport, the balikbayans finally emerged from the exit and I was just waving frantically. The airport scene is pretty interesting (will blog about this in a separate entry). Tito Mar invited us to a Japanese lunch and Tita Marison and I happily agreed. Yum! Later that afernoon, the girls and I just hung out and saw two movies.

Ate Gret and I love "I Am Sam". I recommended this movie to her a few years ago. I first saw it in the movie house with D'Gang girls, Jan, Lea, and Keysi. Loved it the first time I saw it. It's really one of my favorite movies ever. Dakota Fanning is fantabulous. Sean Penn should've won an Oscar for his performance. So many heart breaking moments and scenes where I couldn't stop the floodgates. Haha. The Beatles said it best. All you need is love. I wonder how Yssa, Ina, and Camille feel about the movie. Camille was constantly looking over her shoulder to see if I was crying.

After a cry-o-la fest with "I Am Sam", the girls put "Somewhere in Time" on. I was very surprised that they girls liked it! Seeing the Grand Hotel again made me wistful. I should've gone inside to check it out when we were in Mackinac Island in Michigan a few years back. Jane Seymour looked so pretty in this movie. And Christopher Reeve... Wow. What a fox. Tall. With exquisite features. He's your run-of-the-mill great looking guy. Anyway, I just realized that the two characters in the movie, Elise and Richard, don't know each other very well! Haha. It was really attraction. A connection. But then, Elise held on to Richard for years and years... Until she found him in the early seventies.

******

More Random Thoughts...

I don't meant to sound defensive or anything. My previous blog had people asking me if I'm ok. Haha. I perfectly am! No drama here, peeps. I was just sharing my thoughts. I do mean every word of it. Great girls deserve great guys. I think I said it before (in one of my old entries), that the experience of love (okie... corny, sappy train of thoughts coming through) is a great human experience, that everyone deserves to have it.

Ate Gret and I have been talking every day over at Skype. Since Friday was it? And I'm having a blast! If not for the trips/errands out of the house, I'd be glued to my laptop. It's been super duper fun and I miss her terribly. I spoke with Ate My and Ate Lheng recently and I remember the days when we'd go on "gimiks". Ang saya lang. It is a little ironic though. How the distance has brought us closer. I never really missed out on having big sisters. I've a ton of them. Haha. And I am forever grateful.

3 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got this from a friend =) :
"Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top. The men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead they just get the rotten apples from the ground that aren't good, but easy. So the apples on top think something is wrong with them when in reality, they're amazing! They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who's brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree."

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Tenten said...

Nice naman ng comment mo Gen!! :-D Truly!

 
At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

always keep a little prayer in your pocket and you're sure to see the light. soon they'll be joy and happiness. and your little world will be bright.

have faith little one, till your hopes and your wishes come true. you must try to be brave little one. someone one's waiting to love you.

(gusto ko bang kumanta?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home